What's wrong with us

michele

I have just got back from Tesco's fancied something nice .

Hubby wanted prawns with Advocado Me I fancied Mussels or Languostine

Went to the fish counter if you can call it that and they had a few fresh mussels wrapped in that plastic melted baggage.

I stopped at the mussels and enquired how much £4 came the reply I had already taken a mental note and decided I needed two £8 for what a few mussels I don't think so unless the are an afrodysiac (is that how you spell it ). I moved on and I did manage to find the scabiest prawns that you have ever seen . I met a lady looking at them and together we talked about the lack of a Fish Mongers and sea food . I walked on and found Tesco's finest Langoustine for £2 a packet reduced the last three packets and to be honest you would need three packets for one person I bought them they were only reduced because its obvious its not a seller ..

Oh God let me move to FRance Viva La France

WHY DONT WE EAT FISH ???? Answers please .................................................................

Guest peter
Don't go to rubbishy Tesco's then Michele. Go to Sainsburys or Waitrose. Tesco's obviously know their usual clientel wouldn't even know what a Langoustine is. Am I a food snob? too bloody true and very fussy where my food comes from. Even Lidl could show Tesco's the way home when it comes to fresh Veg' and the choice they have for continental produce amazed me. I am a real fan of theirs for smoked Meat, Salmon Etc.

peter - 2007-06-30 6:47 PM

Don't go to rubbishy Tesco's then Michele. Go to Sainsburys or Waitrose. Tesco's obviously know their usual clientel wouldn't even know what a Langoustine is. Am I a food snob? too bloody true and very fussy where my food comes from. Even Lidl could show Tesco's the way home when it comes to fresh Veg' and the choice they have for continental produce amazed me. I am a real fan of theirs for smoked Meat, Salmon Etc.

I agree - but could never quite understand who Lidl's target customer is.

They have an excellent deli, but otherwise cater for the less well-off end of the market.

Do all our main food shopping in Lidls, low prices and high quality food and drink, as for Tesco can't be bothered with all that POINTs nonsense. We pay higher prices there to pay the cost of running the points system, otherwise a very good shop, and their savings bank is very good. Some will obviously disagree?.......Buy all my petrol and diesel at Asda with my Asda Card. Instant 2p off every litre.

Guest peter
the tortoise - 2007-06-30 7:10 PM

peter - 2007-06-30 6:47 PM

I agree - but could never quite understand who Lidl's target customer is.

They have an excellent deli, but otherwise cater for the less well-off end of the market.

By that you mean people who look for good value without all the overpackaging you get at the other stores. It's plain and simple, like it should be.

One of the best things about Lidl and Aldi is that they dont throw plastic carrier bags at you. If you want one you have to buy it. We have never been dissapointed with any of their products, fodd, drink or other goodies they have twice a week.

michele - 2007-06-30 8:08 PM

Well ,

I have had the Dublin Bay prawns and never again discusting hope the steak to follow is nicer ..Usually is .

Why don't the english eat fish ????Why do we all get Heart Attacks..

"The English" do eat fish Michele and we don't ALL get heart attacks. But if you want good quality seafood why look in a supermarket? Go down the high street and find your local fishmonger. We have a chap comes round one day a week with a small refrigerated van full of fresh fish straight from Grimsby that morning.

And as for your "Vive la France" comment, I have to respectfully say if you love France so much and hate Britain so much what are you doing still here?

D.

I dont hate my home land Dave I am just becomming more & more disilusioned with it the politics the unfairness of lots of things .

Even down to the thing about the Aires we have plenty of room on our Motorways to offer people Aires to rest Long Distance drivers but we always seem to be at the back of the cue. One day we will move hopefully whenthe kids have grown up until then we will continue to be good law abiding people who go to work & put our money in the pot ...pay as you go

And satistics have shown dont ask me where the English do not eat enough Fish and we suffer from more heart Attacks than others

michele - 2007-07-01 11:07 AM

Dave , sorry I forgot that was my whole point we have no fish mongers seriously the nearest one is Billingsgate honest we have a butchers in Epping last of a dying breed.

Then try some other supermarkets, our local Asda has a very good fish section and its all pretty fresh. Vote with your feet girl. Better still speak to the management at your local Tesco and tell them you'd like a better selection of good quality fish and seafood.

D.

Michele

We've got a brilliant fishmonger over here in the opposite corner of Essex - sea bass, salmon, big prawns, whole cod, crab (dressed or natural - you name it, and it's all good stuff. Pop over sometime & we'll introduce you - send PM for details if you like.

We alternate our Friday nights between steak from the farm shop and seafood from him. (Wine for either from Co-op supermarket - great range & good value).

Tony & Liz

if you go along the epping new rd down to the winston chirchill roundabout bear left towards s/woodford in about half a mile you cross the a406 at the next set of lights (about 100 mtrs) turn left into waitrose its just before george lane..pagey

Archived