Who is going to win?

nowtelse2do

antony1969 - 2017-06-07 10:17 PM

My money is on the Liberals ... It's time for them to go back to their constituencies and prepare for government ... Faggot would be a brilliant PM

Hey that would be lovely! Ive already started setting up my Wigwam.

Just imagine, everyone would love everyone again, there would be a second referendum and no more Brexit and we can all hold hands and sing "Blowin in the Wind". :D I hope your right Antony.

nowtelse2do - 2017-06-07 8:37 PM

Well if you want a hard line Communist Government....then vote Labour. *-)

Dave

The emoticon you put at the end of your sentence is quite appropriate :-D

Those of us who are not yet senile are beginning to realise that a Government under Jeremy Corbyn might not be a Leninist Dystopia after all. :-D

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-06-08 6:31 AM

Dave

The emoticon you put at the end of your sentence is quite appropriate :-D

Those of us who are not yet senile are beginning to realise that a Government under Jeremy Corbyn might not be a Leninist Dystopia after all. :-D

Correct, the UK is more likely to become a Caliphate than a Communist state under Corbyn *-) .....

Ive decided I want the Tories to win now. Brexit is their mess and the UKIP lot that have now jumped ship to the Tory party. Whoever is steering the ship over that cliff will never get elected again when it all goes tits up and will be finished so its only fair that its them. :D

Barryd999 - 2017-06-08 10:40 AM

Ive decided I want the Tories to win now. Brexit is their mess and the UKIP lot that have now jumped ship to the Tory party. Whoever is steering the ship over that cliff will never get elected again when it all goes tits up and will be finished so its only fair that its them. :D

................and in 5-years from now the people who think like that will look back and say "FFS, I can't believe just how well things have turned out; Theresa May has done a bloody good job for this country".

In the meantime Corby will have been ousted from politics and will be working at McDonald's as a dining area assistant.

It's not a Tory Brexit mess though Barry ... Your doing a great disservice to all those Labour voters in many working class areas that really decided we left ... If as you say many have Brexit regret that surely will be reflected in today's result , If it goes the other way then one can only assume that your take on it is totally Disney

antony1969 - 2017-06-08 11:28 AM

It's not a Tory Brexit mess though Barry ... Your doing a great disservice to all those Labour voters in many working class areas that really decided we left ... If as you say many have Brexit regret that surely will be reflected in today's result , If it goes the other way then one can only assume that your take on it is totally Disney

Not really as Labour have said they are going ahead with Brexit anyway. Most people think Corbyn was a closet leaver. The only bloke still holding out for a second referendum is that nice man Tim. :D Nobody will vote for him though unless there is a ward where they stand a chance of beating the Tories.

It was UKIP and the Tories who took us to Brexit Antony so it is indeed their mess and it is they, them alone and those that voted for it that will be the only ones held accountable when it all goes Pete Tong.

You never know, the youth may well surprise us this time and come out and stick a proper spanner in the works. I Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Barryd999 - 2017-06-08 12:18 PM

Not really as Labour have said they are going ahead with Brexit anyway. Most people think Corbyn was a closet leaver. The only bloke still holding out for a second referendum is that nice man Tim. :D Nobody will vote for him though unless there is a ward where they stand a chance of beating the Tories.

It was UKIP and the Tories who took us to Brexit Antony so it is indeed their mess and it is they, them alone and those that voted for it that will be the only ones held accountable when it all goes Pete Tong.

You never know, the youth may well surprise us this time and come out and stick a proper spanner in the works. I Guess we will find out tomorrow.

So all those traditional northern Labour towns that voted massively to leave the EU it was just the nasty UKIP and Tory voters in those towns that made it happen ??? It may be true that in London most Labour supporters voted remain but overall 38% of Labour voters voted to leave , the Tories had 58% to leave ... Even the sad Liberals had 30% ... Far from being just the Tories and Ukip it was a very mixed bag ... As for today I would imagine most yoof will fall for the empty promises Doorbin has spewed , especially free Uni ... I was gullible in my yoof but I fear you and all those sad believers that your going to lose .... Again :D

Barryd999 - 2017-06-08 12:18 PM.....It was UKIP and the Tories who took us to Brexit Antony so it is indeed their mess and it is they, them alone and those that voted for it that will be the only ones held accountable when it all goes Pete Tong....

That's merely one view and there are others. 

Given that immigration is thought to have been a major factor in the vote to Leave in the North and Midlands, even if many of those voters did think rather naively that they were voting to send all the Pakis home, it would be foolish to ignore the extent to which Labour has been blamed for the multiculturalisation and political correctness which prevail in our society.

The election slogan "If you want a N-word as a neighbour Vote Labour" reflected the suspicions of the 1970s and the widespread resentment which has built up since then of the Asian (and largely muslim) domination of Northern towns.  Labour have stuck to favouring multiculturalism and immigration (and political correctness) as Jeremy Corbyn continues to do in this Election Campaign, and I believe that will simply not play with hitherto Labour-voting working class.  Leaving the EU is seen as the ticket to controlling our own borders, worth the price of the economic risks which stem from it. 

So I think Labour will continue to pay the price for fostering multiculturalism and political correctness, even if there proves to be an economic downside to  leaving the EU - as long as the Tories establish more credible control of our borders.

nowtelse2do - 2017-06-08 1:26 PM

antony1969 - 2017-06-08 9:48 AM

If those lovely Tories do win I wonder what time the first disturbances will be reported

No results yet here in the outback, but the scuffles have already started. :-D

Dave

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-40201908/media-scuffle-outside-polling-station

Bloody Guardian reporters prolly .... Try this ...

StuartO - 2017-06-08 1:25 PM
Barryd999 - 2017-06-08 12:18 PM.....It was UKIP and the Tories who took us to Brexit Antony so it is indeed their mess and it is they, them alone and those that voted for it that will be the only ones held accountable when it all goes Pete Tong....

That's merely one view and there are others. 

Given that immigration is thought to have been a major factor in the vote to Leave in the North and Midlands, even if many of those voters did think rather naively that they were voting to send all the Pakis home, it would be foolish to ignore the extent to which Labour has been blamed for the multiculturalisation and political correctness which prevail in our society.

The election slogan "If you want a N-word as a neighbour Vote Labour" reflected the suspicions of the 1970s and the widespread resentment which has built up since then of the Asian (and largely muslim) domination of Northern towns.  Labour have stuck to favouring multiculturalism and immigration (and political correctness) as Jeremy Corbyn continues to do in this Election Campaign, and I believe that will simply not play with hitherto Labour-voting working class.  Leaving the EU is seen as the ticket to controlling our own borders, worth the price of the economic risks which stem from it. 

So I think Labour will continue to pay the price for fostering multiculturalism and political correctness, even if there proves to be an economic downside to  leaving the EU - as long as the Tories establish more credible control of our borders.

... and yet the Tories let em all in. Keep giving immigration targets they always miss. Because immigrants drive down wages and drive up housing costs - both of which seem to suit the Tory Establishment.

Bulletguy - 2017-06-08 2:13 PM

Dave

Putin is only interested in US polls. ;-)

Cant see your Impeachment Impending!! coming anytime soon ... Mr James Comes seems to be taking a bit of a bashing ... Shame that

antony1969 - 2017-06-08 1:05 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-06-08 12:18 PM

So all those traditional northern Labour towns that voted massively to leave the EU it was just the nasty UKIP and Tory voters in those towns that made it happen ??? It may be true that in London most Labour supporters voted remain but overall 38% of Labour voters voted to leave , the Tories had 58% to leave ... Even the sad Liberals had 30% ... Far from being just the Tories and Ukip it was a very mixed bag ... As for today I would imagine most yoof will fall for the empty promises Doorbin has spewed , especially free Uni ... I was gullible in my yoof but I fear you and all those sad believers that your going to lose .... Again :D

At the risk of turning this back to Brexit yes it was the Tories and UKIP that were totally to blame for Brexit. Of course those in depressed areas voted out. They were told a pack of lies by UKIP And the right wing Tories (Vote leave) and given someone to blame for all their woes, the EU and foreigners. Sadly its those very people who will soon learn the truth and be the first to be hit hardest and it will all have been for nothing.

Interestingly as to who is going to win I have been monitoring two polls on motorhome forums. One on the wildies and one on Facts and both so far show a hung parliament. Thats interesting because lets face it motorhomers are generally wealthy, most of them voted for Brexit and they are generally codgers. I would have expected a landslide for the Tories in that demographic. Probably means nothing of course but I do wonder.

Loved that video by the way. The bit with Farage at the end I nearly passed out and wet myself. :D

Bulletguy - 2017-06-08 2:13 PM

Dave

Putin is only interested in US polls. ;-)

I think he would be more interested in sharing a good Naval Base at Plymouth or even Faslane and maybe an office at GCHQ at Cheltenham.

"Yes comrade Vlad, free of charge to you....make yourself at home".....Love from comrade Jeremy PS. Thanks for the Yacht :-D

Dave

Archived