Why Trump fears the EU but will crush the UK

Barryd999

Chart says it all really. As part of the bloc we are strong against America. In any trade deal with the US we will be like a minnow in a shark tank, it will also weaken the EU so its a win win for Trump.

Who is going to hold all the cards in this new deal when all roads lead to Trump on our departure? (couldnt find an up to date pie chart for parliament so improvised)

78063880_useuukchart2(Small).jpg.6783a8870403879685a44f2aba3861a4.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-06-11 11:32 AM

Chart says it all really. As part of the bloc we are strong against America. In any trade deal with the US we will be like a minnow in a shark tank, it will also weaken the EU so its a win win for Trump.

Who is going to hold all the cards in this new deal when all roads lead to Trump on our departure? (couldnt find an up to date pie chart for parliament so improvised)

More Remoaner Blah Blah Barry *-) ............

BTW its raining here too 8-) .......

At least I still have a sunny outlook B-) ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Having a sunny outlook is a fools game though as far as this countries future is concerned. Whichever way you look at it the old faithful "Plucky British Spirit" does not change the figures in that chart that show that the odds are very much stacked against us in any trade deal with the US but on the other hand whilst part of the EU we collectively are a force to be reckoned with, even for Trump and the USA. We already have a raft of agreements (not FTA) with the USA which we have as being members of the EU. We lose all that when we leave and will be beholden to what the USA offers us. They are going to shaft us every which way but Tuesday.

Make no mistake. They are not our friends when it comes to business. They are already interfering. Threats about Huawei and now apparently they are going to "prevent" Corbyn becoming PM. now you might think thats a good thing but its already showing us who will be boss.

Oh good ... A Barry Hates The US And Blames POTUS Trump For Everything Thread ... Really good reading ... The mad rantings of a fella whose been locked in his bedroom too long ... Barry can tell POTUS Trumps a rapist and a women hater just by looking at him dont you know ... Lordy My

Guest pelmetman

According to Barry...... Trump is gonna force feed us all chlorinated chicken ;-) .........

It'll make a nice change from the bullsh*t the Remoaners have been force feeding us for 3 years >:-) .......

Birdbrain - 2019-06-11 3:29 PM

Oh good ... A Barry Hates The US And Blames POTUS Trump For Everything Thread ... Really good reading ... The mad rantings of a fella whose been locked in his bedroom too long ... Barry can tell POTUS Trumps a rapist and a women hater just by looking at him dont you know ... Lordy My

I dont hate the US. I have American friends and worked with the Americans for decades. Im no fan of Trump of course as you know but I side with probably over half of America on that one. I do know how they do business though probably more than most and take it from me you are in for one hell of a shock if you think they are going to come and give us a big pat on the back and be bessy mates. Oh Lordy! To quote the late great but sadly absent Antony1969position.

Quelle surprise......the UK minnow is just part of the Chumps attempt to destroy the EU he sees as his arch enemy hence the madcap xenophobia he's whipped up the not so bright who hang on his every word, prostrating themselves before their 'Master' in servility.

So utterly thick and dense, his Irish border wall gaff was met with derision and embarrassment......even in America. He spends that much time on Twitter he even speaks in tweets and incapable of stringing a coherent sentence together.

Guest pelmetman

Point of order Barry ;-) ..........

You've included the UK figures in your EU chart *-) .........

Plus I thought you said the EU army wasn't going to happen?.......So what's the 300 billion for? :-S .......

Barryd999 - 2019-06-11 4:03 PM

I dont hate the US. I have American friends and worked with the Americans for decades. Im no fan of Trump of course as you know but I side with probably over half of America on that one. I do know how they do business though probably more than most and take it from me you are in for one hell of a shock if you think they are going to come and give us a big pat on the back and be bessy mates. Oh Lordy! To quote the late great but sadly absent Antony1969position.

Rubbish ... You currently hate the US because it has POTUS Trump at its head ... You generalise in your last thread about "how they do business" they being the US and not just Trump supporters I presume ... Well i'll tell you what Barry they do business no different to anyone else in the world , wether thats the little fella selling sumat on the street to big corporations and what they want is the best deal for them and personally I dont see whats wrong with that and I bet you wouldnt if Billary had been in charge ... Let us into what you know that nobody else knows regarding how they do business will ya

pelmetman - 2019-06-11 4:48 PM

Plus I thought you said the EU army wasn't going to happen?.......So what's the 300 billion for? :-S .......

Errr ... Well ... Mmmm ... Errr ... Doh ... Emmmm ... Well its like this ... Errr ...

Birdbrain - 2019-06-11 4:52 PM

Rubbish ... You currently hate the US because it has POTUS Trump at its head ... You generalise in your last thread about "how they do business" they being the US and not just Trump supporters I presume ... Well i'll tell you what Barry they do business no different to anyone else in the world , wether thats the little fella selling sumat on the street to big corporations and what they want is the best deal for them and personally I dont see whats wrong with that and I bet you wouldnt if Billary had been in charge ... Let us into what you know that nobody else knows regarding how they do business will ya

I dont hate the US. Some of them are arseholes but then lots of people are all over the world. As I said I have had plenty of American friends over the years but you cannot rely on that friendship in business and it took me a while to get used to that. They are feckers and will shaft you even if they appear to be your best mate. They way they do business can really be underhand, sly and they are not the most honest of people I have come across now mix that with Trump at the helm and a desperate Uk and it doesnt take Einstein to work out what the outcome will be and who will come out on top.

pelmetman - 2019-06-11 4:48 PM

I also said in the text above that it would weaken the EU when we left so of course those figures for the UK can be deducted from the EU column but thats the point. Together we are stronger, on our own we are weak. Trump taking advantage of a weakened EU will also effect us badly. The first two columns were a chart that was doing the rounds yesterday on social media, I added the extra column.

WTF has the EU army got to do with anything? I dont think it will happen least not how you imagine it.

Barryd999 - 2019-06-11 10:00 PM

I dont hate the US. Some of them are arseholes but then lots of people are all over the world. As I said I have had plenty of American friends over the years but you cannot rely on that friendship in business and it took me a while to get used to that. They are feckers and will shaft you even if they appear to be your best mate. They way they do business can really be underhand, sly and they are not the most honest of people I have come across now mix that with Trump at the helm and a desperate Uk and it doesnt take Einstein to work out what the outcome will be and who will come out on top.

Ive been shafted in business , not by Americans but by family ... You talk tosh ... Business and ultimately making money doesnt have room for friendships wether those buddies are Yanks or not ... Ive seen it loads of times where one partner in business has tried shafting the other ... Get over your Yank hatred , they voted in POTUS Trump and looks like they will again ... MAGA

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2019-06-12 6:14 AM

Ive been shafted in business , not by Americans but by family ... You talk tosh ... Business and ultimately making money doesnt have room for friendships wether those buddies are Yanks or not ... Ive seen it loads of times where one partner in business has tried shafting the other ... Get over your Yank hatred , they voted in POTUS Trump and looks like they will again ... MAGA

So according to Barry the US is Bad and the EU is good? ;-) ...........

Does the US charge us billions to trade with them?..........

Does the US demand that we allow their country's citizens unfettered access to the UK?.........

Does the US demand that we give their citizen's access to our benefit system?..........

Is the US demanding that we accept refugees that Mrs Merkel encouraged to flood into Europe?........

On balance.......I prefer to be mates with the USA rather than the EU >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-06-12 9:49 AM

Does the US demand that we allow their country's citizens unfettered access to the UK?.........

Does the US demand that we give their citizen's access to our benefit system?..........

Is the US demanding that we accept refugees that Mrs Merkel encouraged to flood into Europe?........

On balance.......I prefer to be mates with the USA rather than the EU >:-) .......

Ho Ho Ho. We have not seen a list of the US demands yet. I think you will be in for a shock. none so blind as those that cannot see.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-06-12 10:04 AM

pelmetman - 2019-06-12 9:49 AM

Ho Ho Ho. We have not seen a list of the US demands yet. I think you will be in for a shock. none so blind as those that cannot see.

Demands?..........

Have to say when I ran my business I wasn't able to demand customers buy my products? :-S ........

pelmetman - 2019-06-12 10:24 AM

Demands?..........

Have to say when I ran my business I wasn't able to demand customers buy my products? :-S ........

That's because you were not able to apply sanctions if your customers didn't do as they were told.

Under Trump - that is U.S. policy.

For example : ( as I'm sure you won't know about it ) if U.K. companies don't do as they are told by Donald regarding the Iran deal - he will apply sanctions.

If Mexico doesn't do as they are told about immigrants passing through Mexico - he will apply sanctions.

So if he insists that the NHS buys U.S. drugs that are more expensive than they are now - what do you reckon he will do ?

:-|

malc d - 2019-06-12 11:43 AM

Demands?..........

That's because you were not able to apply sanctions if your customers didn't do as they were told.

For example : ( as I'm sure you won't know about it ) if U.K. companies don't do as they are told by Donald regarding the Iran deal - he will apply sanctions.

If Mexico doesn't do as they are told about immigrants passing through Mexico - he will apply sanctions.

So if he insists that the NHS buys U.S. drugs that are more expensive than they are now - what do you reckon he will do ?

Exactly. We will be between a rock and a hard place and will end up signing a deal heavily in the USAs favour which if we try and wriggle out of they will sue is into oblivion.

Ere! you will all like this!

Demands?..........

Well said Malc.......you've given the Beano boys something to think about, their silence on which has been strangely deafening. Can't think what's taking 'em so long to come up with an excuse. ;-)

Demands?..........

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-mouthwash-drugs-ripoff-pharmaceutical-companies-efficiency-government-austerity-england-a8599366.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4969051/supplier-thyroid-treatment-hikes-price-6000-per-cent/

https://www.globaljustice.org.uk/news/2017/oct/21/new-report-drug-companies-£1bn-nhs-rip

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/drug-companies-are-ripping-the-nhs-off-of-billions-of-pounds-new-stats-reveal

More expensive than they are now you say ... Lordy ... Lordy My

Guest pelmetman

Demands?..........

I see you're falling for the propaganda Malc *-) .........

So if we refuse to buy American drugs he will apply what sanctions? ;-) .........

Will he refuse to sell us stuff to?.......like the EU apparently is? (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Sounds like a win win for UK manufacturing if he does.......as we'll have to start making our own stuff again B-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-12 2:37 PM

Demands?..........

Well said Malc.......you've given the Beano boys something to think about, their silence on which has been strangely deafening. Can't think what's taking 'em so long to come up with an excuse. ;-)

Actually I've been out for a very nice meal ;-) ...........and been playing spot the enhancements on the beach :D .........Even the dog enjoyed the view B-) .......

P1010857.JPG.e76a7ee6d8080ad02a4e6a1a25b27e57.JPG

P1010858.JPG.7ebbc44eafc191804268c9ddd819e205.JPG

P1010862.JPG.d6dafc54b4b9bfd6091669f1932fb239.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-06-12 3:36 PM

Demands?..........

So if we refuse to buy American drugs he will apply what sanctions? ;-) .........

Will he refuse to sell us stuff to?.......like the EU apparently is? (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Sounds like a win win for UK manufacturing if he does.......as we'll have to start making our own stuff again B-) ...........

You accuse me of living in a bubble! You just dont get it do you? Trump in the past has accused the UK of "freeloading" because it pays less for drugs than private hospitals in America because of the regulatory body in the UK "NICE". All that will be toast. Just one of the demands (just one) will be that the UK is forced to pay top whack for US pharmaceuticals within the NHS. It wont be a question of whether we decide we want to buy them or not. We will literally have to buy them or face a law suit. It will be another knife thrust in the death of a thousand cuts for the NHS which will neatly move it closer towards it being flogged off lock stock and barrel to the Americans. Its is after all what Farage and a lot of the Tories want.

We have already seen the kind of brave new world the Tories will create under your hero Boris. Scrap the free TV licences for the poor old pensioners but give the seriously well paid a £10 bn tax break. The only poetic justice in all of this is that its the very people who voted for Brexit and who are now frothing at the mouth to get Boris elected that will suffer the most.

Demands?..........

Well it's Trump who says it. Don't you think I should believe it ?

If you think that what Trump says is all propaganda - let's hope you are right.

( I can only assume that you never watch any of his speeches ).

Barryd999 - 2019-06-12 4:05 PM

Demands?..........

You accuse me of living in a bubble! You just dont get it do you? Trump in the past has accused the UK of "freeloading" because it pays less for drugs than private hospitals in America because of the regulatory body in the UK "NICE". All that will be toast. Just one of the demands (just one) will be that the UK is forced to pay top whack for US pharmaceuticals within the NHS. It wont be a question of whether we decide we want to buy them or not. We will literally have to buy them or face a law suit. It will be another knife thrust in the death of a thousand cuts for the NHS which will neatly move it closer towards it being flogged off lock stock and barrel to the Americans. Its is after all what Farage and a lot of the Tories want.

We have already seen the kind of brave new world the Tories will create under your hero Boris. Scrap the free TV licences for the poor old pensioners but give the seriously well paid a £10 bn tax break. The only poetic justice in all of this is that its the very people who voted for Brexit and who are now frothing at the mouth to get Boris elected that will suffer the most.

How come youve never mentioned the NHS being over charged before , as in now in the real world and not the you haven't got a clue what will happen world after Brexit ... Another one , of many ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42063274

Archived