World Hijab Day

antony1969

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-02-02 9:32 AM

(lol)

When are we going to get a World Moob Day? :-S ...........

Then you can get yours out Barry 8-) ........

But I guess some would find that offensive :D ...........

Just as some find celebrating mass brain washing offensive :-| ............

Fast Pat - 2019-02-02 8:49 AM

So what do you choose to wear on world racist day? Little moustache and jackboots or do you go for the hijab that's all in white with a pointy hat?

According to some on here every days a racist day for me though when I ask for evidence from the name callers they strangely cant find any ... Maybe you can sweetheart

It’s a tricky one Dave. If you believe in the freedom of thought conscience and religion then even though you may disagree with someone’s beliefs you will defend their right to hold them unless of course they are translated into action which is unlawful. Wearing a hijab harms no one so it doesn’t bother me at all any more than a nun wearing a veil, an orthodox Jew wearing a Kippah and so on...

Violet1956 - 2019-02-02 11:39 AM

It’s a tricky one Dave. If you believe in the freedom of thought conscience and religion then even though you may disagree with someone’s beliefs you will defend their right to hold them unless of course they are translated into action which is unlawful. Wearing a hijab harms no one so it doesn’t bother me at all any more than a nun wearing a veil, an orthodox Jew wearing a Kippah and so on...

"Harms no one" ... That obviously includes those who are forced to wear it ... Wow

Of course, you’re right on that score Antony, that would be to take away someone’s freedom of thought conscience and religion. Your post was about world hijab day which involves women making the point that not all of them are forced to wear it. I don’t see that the organisers support women being forced to do so.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-02-02 11:39 AM

Seeing as these folk are brought up in a closed culture I doubt freedom of thought has ever been allowed :-| ........

They may live in Western cultures, but they have no intention of integrating into our culture, as was perfectly illustrated by the school in Birmingham who wont allow the girls to eat until the boys have finished *-) ........and you liberals think folk like me are cavemen :D ............

Violet1956 - 2019-02-02 11:52 AM

Of course, you’re right on that score Antony, that would be to take away someone’s freedom of thought conscience and religion. Your post was about world hijab day which involves women making the point that not all of them are forced to wear it. I don’t see that the organisers support women being forced to do so.

Well the religion of peace does have history with forcing women to do much ... Forced marriage , forced female genital mutilation , forced wearing of the hijab for many etc etc ... Now I am just an old racist for picking up on the suffering millions of Muslim women go through but your a better person for ignoring and not making an issue out of it

I have never said that folks like you are cavemen Dave.

I think there are people, including Muslims, who make considered arguments for and against the wearing of the hijab. I've just expressed my own.

The guiding priciples governing the Freedom of Thought, Conscience and Religion are to be found in Article 9 of the 1950 Convention for the Protection of Human Rights. Article 9 comes under the category of rights set out in that Convention that are not absolute but qualified rights. So it would be possible for the UK to ban certain practices associated with religious groups. That is because Article 9.2. States "Freedom to manifest one's religion or beliefs shall be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others"

That's why Ofsted can insist that the school in Birmingham conform to what the state says it must do in order to protect the rights of female children not to suffer discrimination I guess.

As you can see it may be quite tricky to decide whether any interference with the general freedom set out in Article 9 is justified and permissible under Article 9.2 depending on the situation.

I treat your concerns seriously Antony. I share them in that there is a question mark over whether the enforcement of our civil and criminal laws is effective in combatting the denial of human rights to some of the most vulnerable in our society. However, I think you assume too much when people question your agenda or your thoughts on these issues. It is not credible that those who question your opinions support the abominable treatment of others so please stop accusing them of it.

Violet1956 - 2019-02-02 4:25 PM

I treat your concerns seriously Antony. I share them in that there is a question mark over whether the enforcement of our civil and criminal laws is effective in combatting the denial of human rights to some of the most vulnerable in our society. However, I think you assume too much when people question your agenda or your thoughts on these issues. It is not credible that those who question your opinions support the abominable treatment of others so please stop accusing them of it.

Im glad you treat the ills of Islam seriously Veronica , any sound minded person would ... Regarding those who question my opinions on the subjects I have previously spoken of if you have deniers of mass Muslim sex gangs in this country preying on mainly under age white girls and those deniers would rather call me an Islamaphobe or racist than attack the perverts that rape these young girls then I can only assume they have no issue with mass Muslim sex gangs doing what they do ... Maybe they just think its a cultural thing and we have to accept it for the joys multiculturalism brings , maybe be like Naz Shah who famously endorsed that we should just shut up

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-02-02 2:40 PM

I have never said that folks like you are cavemen Dave.

I think there are people, including Muslims, who make considered arguments for and against the wearing of the hijab. I've just expressed my own.

The guiding priciples governing the Freedom of Thought, Conscience and Religion are to be found in Article 9 of the 1950 Convention for the Protection of Human Rights. Article 9 comes under the category of rights set out in that Convention that are not absolute but qualified rights. So it would be possible for the UK to ban certain practices associated with religious groups. That is because Article 9.2. States "Freedom to manifest one's religion or beliefs shall be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others"

That's why Ofsted can insist that the school in Birmingham conform to what the state says it must do in order to protect the rights of female children not to suffer discrimination I guess.

As you can see it may be quite tricky to decide whether any interference with the general freedom set out in Article 9 is justified and permissible under Article 9.2 depending on the situation.

Yeah like that's worked *-) ........

Archived