Yellow Lines

Tracker

It is good to see that common sense is at last prevailing on least yellow lines if not much else.

The new yellow lines in town where they have just spent goodness knows how much resurfacing a road that didn't really need resurfacing are about half the thickness of the old yellow lines and more of a cream colour than yellow.

Much more tasteful or at least much less distasteful!

I first saw thiese narrow lines in Devon and Cornwall many years ago and like all good ideas it seems to have travelled slowly through the wonderful beaurocracy that exists in England today!

I appreciate that it must be hard for you to appreciate - but they are not 'my' cream lines and whilst not pretty either they are a hell of a lot less intrusive than the yellow peril!

And just think of the savings in material and coulouring costs too - more money to waste elsewhere!

Tracker - 2018-05-17 5:25 PM

I appreciate that it must be hard for you to appreciate - but they are not 'my' cream lines and whilst not pretty either they are a hell of a lot less intrusive than the yellow peril!

And just think of the savings in material and coulouring costs too - more money to waste elsewhere!

Oh dear...pedantry alert!

"Lines on a highway in a town somewhere in the proximity of Evesham which have now been changed to a less intrusive soft cream shade meeting the approval of an Evesham resident" then! Will that do you? :-|

Bulletguy - 2018-05-17 6:39 PM

"Lines on a highway in a town somewhere in the proximity of Evesham which have now been changed to a less intrusive soft cream shade meeting the approval of an Evesham resident" then! Will that do you? :-|

Not for long I suspect.

When everyone else has got the same colour yellow lines as him he'll want something different

Confuse visiting motorists & rake in more parking fines to cut his council tax ;-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-05-18 8:54 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-17 6:39 PM

Not for long I suspect.

When everyone else has got the same colour yellow lines as him he'll want something different

Confuse visiting motorists & rake in more parking fines to cut his council tax ;-)

So the mayor can spend it on flash cars and white lines >:-) ............

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/dover-mayor-neil-rix-bigger-car-role-prestige-status-snorting-white-powder-kent-council-a7869591.html

John52 - 2018-05-18 8:54 AM

Not for long I suspect.

What a brilliant idea I suggest blue lines to represent the political views of the majority of intelligent Brexiteers who live in this sensible part of England.

They should contrast well with the red lights in the labour areas of neighbouring towns.

pelmetman - 2018-05-18 11:07 AM

So the mayor can spend it on flash cars and white lines >:-) ............

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/dover-mayor-neil-rix-bigger-car-role-prestige-status-snorting-white-powder-kent-council-a7869591.html

I appreciate that you didn't have maps on HM Submarines Dave but, and this may come as a nasty shock to you, Dover is in a different county to Evesham!

When yellow lines were first introduced there were so few of them the cost of paint was insignificant.

Now we have millions of miles of them its not.

Rather than confuse people with different widths and colours, Best just get riid of the excessive parking restrictions to improve the appearance.

And to cut congestion and pollution caused by drivers going round in circles looking for somewhere to park.

There are enough inconsiderate pillocks who park where they like without any consideration for pedestrians or other road users as long as they are alright, as well as those that abuse Blue Badges to park on double yellows or in loading bays when many of them could walk from a car park, where parking is often free for badge holders, so why not abolish all parking restrictions and let the free for all chaos ensue.

Looking at the way Evesham is gridlocked for many hours of most days I doubt it would slow traffic down anymore than the current system.

Tracker - 2018-05-19 9:50 AM

a car park, where parking is often free for badge holders,.

and often isn't..

A sensible policy would be to encourage the use of car parks for the sake of road safety and reducing congestion .

England, of course, does just the opposite.

(Well I guess they have got to raise the money some how to pay all the bungs to vote Tory to the Irish, Scots and Welsh where parking is free)

Car parks you have to pay in advance without knowing how long you will be, and still risk a ticket if too big for a unnecessarily small marked bay.

Wheras parking on the road is free.

Hardly surprising towns are polluted and congested by people driving around looking for on street parking.

Archived