a weight off your minds

teflon2

While on my late summer trip to the Cotswolds I came across a white Polish HGV and on the back was a TIR plate so it shows that the transport industry is ahead of the game and using the TIR system already so for those who worry about 60 mile tailbacks from Dover need not have any concerns and for those who worry about just in time delivery's need not be concerned as the TIR digital system is more efficient than the existing method. Keep on trucking. B-)

teflon2 - 2018-09-18 6:46 PM

While on my late summer trip to the Cotswolds I came across a white Polish HGV and on the back was a TIR plate so it shows that the transport industry is ahead of the game and using the TIR system already so for those who worry about 60 mile tailbacks from Dover need not have any concerns and for those who worry about just in time delivery's need not be concerned as the TIR digital system is more efficient than the existing method. Keep on trucking. B-)

No doubt for use outside the EU. Have you any idea how much it would slow down movement of goods? Car factories currently hold about 4 hours worth of components. They are saying they still don't know whether they will be producing cars the day after Brexit. And Brexit Boris Johnson says 'f*ck business' But at least the Brexiteer scrap merchants will make a killing dismantling the factories >:-)

Barryd999 - 2018-09-18 9:54 PM

Perhaps Teflon needs to inform the government, the entire motor industry and the rest of the business world of his theory as clearly none of them have figured it out. You might get a knighthood out of it. Do you have a solution for the Irish Border perhaps while your at it?

The Mad Hatter does. According to him "we'll be taking back control of along with our laws, our borders........but when i put the small but not insignificant matter of the Irish border and Good Friday Agreement to him that changed in the space of one post to, "we've no intention of introducing a border". *-)

This is Brexit logic...constant U turns, excuses, indecisiveness and vague whataboutery. *-)

<<< Do you have a solution for the Irish Border perhaps while your at it? >>>

Hi Barry,

How about we persuade the RoI to secede from the EU?

Then take it a stage further, and form a 5 nation (England, Norther Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Scotland and Wales, in alphabtical order) trading partnership (and only trade), as equal partners.

And then build a dam between NI and Scotland (about 25 miles?) with road and railway on top. Harness the tide differential to generate electricity.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-09-18 8:26 PM

BMW plan a month long shut down of the Mini plant in case of a 'no deal worst case scenario'.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/18/bmw-shut-mini-plant-brexit-no-deal

I suspect its more to do with oversupply in the car market..........and they've chosen April purely for political purposes ;-) ..........

At least it'll help reduce those queues for when we come back from Spain B-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-09-19 1:51 PM

pelmetman - 2018-09-19 9:33 AM

they've chosen April purely for political purposes ;-) ..........

Shot youreslf in the foot again :-D

If Brexit is good for them, why are they against it (lol)

It gives them something to blame the oversupply on ;-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-09-19 9:33 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-09-18 8:26 PM

BMW plan a month long shut down of the Mini plant in case of a 'no deal worst case scenario'.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/18/bmw-shut-mini-plant-brexit-no-deal

I suspect its more to do with oversupply in the car market..........and they've chosen April purely for political purposes ;-) ..........

This shows you haven't even read the article. *-)

Try the first three paragraphs. They are only short so you should manage to cope. :-|

Perhaps Teflon needs to inform the government, the entire motor industry and the rest of the business world of his theory as clearly none of them have figured it out. You might get a knighthood out of it. Do you have a solution for the Irish Border perhaps while your at it?[/quote

Its not a theory its a fact TIR gives freedom from interference with a customs sealed cargo from point of origin to point of destination. The Turks are using the digital system throughout the middle east. You can always google TIR and glean the information for yourself. If you want my solution to Ireland I would support a united Ireland then they could squabble among themselves and leave the rest of the UK in peace.. :-S

teflon2 - 2018-09-19 7:23 PM

Perhaps Teflon needs to inform the government, the entire motor industry and the rest of the business world of his theory as clearly none of them have figured it out. You might get a knighthood out of it. Do you have a solution for the Irish Border perhaps while your at it?[/quote

Its not a theory its a fact TIR gives freedom from interference with a customs sealed cargo from point of origin to point of destination. The Turks are using the digital system throughout the middle east. You can always google TIR and glean the information for yourself. If you want my solution to Ireland I would support a united Ireland then they could squabble among themselves and leave the rest of the UK in peace.. :-S

Fantastic! Brexit is saved, you should be PM.

teflon2 - 2018-09-19 7:23 PM

Perhaps Teflon needs to inform the government, the entire motor industry and the rest of the business world of his theory as clearly none of them have figured it out. You might get a knighthood out of it. Do you have a solution for the Irish Border perhaps while your at it?

This thread from a UK truck drivers forum makes an interesting read on TIR plates. Most used them to decorate their trucks.

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=151953

Archived