favorite Golden Oldies Tv

michele

michele - 2007-10-09 11:01 PM

Frankkia - 2007-10-09 10:44 PM

Bring back "The Army Game" with excused boots bisley corporal Springer etc.

And If you remember the programme you are certainly older than you look! :-D

Bernie thank god i cant then :D

Sadly I can, and can even remember William Hartnell before RSM Claude Snudge came along. Trying to remember who played the officer in charge. Always played the dithering type and recall him in a comedy series wearing a dog collar. :-S

"Cheyenne" was my fave when I was a lad, with Clint Walker.

My Gran liked to watch "Quatermass" and when I stayed with her I used to lie on her settee and watch it with a cushion to cover my eyes at the scarey bits!

She used to watch the wrestling to on ITV on a Saturday. She used to hate Mick Macmanus. She went to see it live in Warrington once and got barred out because she stabbed him with a hat pin when he was going back to the dressing room. And they call kids! :-D

Happy days!

Anyone remember listening to Radio Luxemberg (with one of them little earpieces), in bed at night?

Here's one for you; Grindel, a old lady who used to hit a car on the bonnet with her umberella.

Does anyone remember the give aways in cereal packets, the little diver you put in a bottle of water then put you thumb over the top & it sank to the bottom ,release thumb it came to the top.

white horses....anyone remember that?? my friends think i make it up!! it was a sat morn prog, B&W, swedish family i think, all white blonde hair anyway (even the horses!!) - loved and lived for the horses of course! bit like Lassie the story always revolved around the animals! sounds naff i know, but i loved it then!

I used to enjoy watching Kenny Everett but that was before I understood what he was really talking about!

I saw the queen get crowned on a B&W Pye VT4 TV though. Time we had another coronation I reckon.

Tommy Cooper, Les Dawson. Admired Paul Daniels cheeky magic.

Perfic. Mrs Bridges, Jean Marsh and the like

(Darling Buds of May and Upstairs Downstairs)

Why cannot we all speak propper like Conrad Voss Bark or Alvar Liddel?

Guest Tracker

I'm sure Richard would appreciate the irony of that one Carol?

I was about to say that I reckon Doc Martin is a classic series in the making, but time alone will tell?

howie - 2007-10-09 11:45 PM

michele - 2007-10-09 11:01 PM

Frankkia - 2007-10-09 10:44 PM

Bring back "The Army Game" with excused boots bisley corporal Springer etc.

And If you remember the programme you are certainly older than you look! :-D

Bernie thank god i cant then :D

Sadly I can, and can even remember William Hartnell before RSM Claude Snudge came along. Trying to remember who played the officer in charge. Always played the dithering type and recall him in a comedy series wearing a dog collar. :-S

Hi Howie

There were 2 officers: Geoffrey Sumner as Major Upshot-Bagley and Bernard Hunter as Captain Pilsworthy.

Good memory - no I have to own up I looked it up on www.phill.co.uk/comedy.

Archived