feck Business

John52

Don't know whether the forum software will let me use the same language as our Foreign Secretary did in his Brexit Manifesto (He has scarpered off abroad to avoid answering questions, or voting with the Government on Heathrow Expansion after he promised to lie down in front of the bulldozers.)

So you might have to use your imagination to fill in the missing letter

Type

"'F*ck Business" site: www.ft.com

into google to read it :-(

PS: no I see the forum software has changed the u for an e

We are not permitted to use the same language as the Foreign Secretary.

So you will need to change it back to a u to google Boris Johnson's Brexit Strategy :-(

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eh? John is simply reporting on what our foreign secretary's answer was to the concerns about Brexit from uk business. Don't shoot the messenger. This is what it's come to. Boris, Davis, Fox leading the way towards our golden future. Heaven help us. Boris needs sacking and not before time.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-26 12:13 PM

Eh? John is simply reporting on what our foreign secretary's answer was to the concerns about Brexit from uk business. Don't shoot the messenger. This is what it's come to. Boris, Davis, Fox leading the way towards our golden future. Heaven help us. Boris needs sacking and not before time.

I guess to be strictly accurate Boris should of said "F*ck the 5% of businesses" who export to the EU >:-) .........

It's funny how Remoaners ignore the plight of the other 95% that have to put up with EU red tape *-) ........

Their importance lies in the proportion of our total exporte that they produce, not how many of them there are. There is little point in talking up the value of international trade deals, and then only canvassing the opinions of those who export nothing. To get to that 95% figure for UK businesses, it must include all the kids doing paper rounds as well as all the dope pushers. You got proof of that percentage? :-D

pelmetman - 2018-06-26 12:22 PM

I guess to be strictly accurate Boris should of said "F*ck the 5% of businesses" who export to the EU >:-)

As pointed out a 'business' could be a single gig enonomy worker or a factory employing thousands.

.... and what of those like the car factories that depend on just in time delivery of components from the EU to keep their production lines going :-(

Tracker - 2018-06-26 11:39 AM

Use of that kind of language on a public forum just shows what an ignorant fellow you really are.

What do you think you have achieved - apart from making yourself look stupid?

Do you feel the need to automatically troll and diss every post I make?

If not, can you explain how I could accurately quote the Foreign Secretary without using his words?

Because I've never used that word on this forum before, but in this case I can see no alternative.

What else could I have said?

Barryd999 - 2018-06-26 12:13 PM

Boris needs sacking and not before time.

Clearly yes.

But he has a quirky hairstyle or something that brings in a few votes, and Teresa May needs all the votes she can get. Her £billions in bribes to the DUP show how far she will go to keep her job.

Can't see her consigning herself to the backbenches by voting against the party like Corbyn did over 200 times. :-S

Not too difficult not to use the F word, and as far as rubbishing your posts, well you do post such a lot of, err, rubbish! and I still don't know what you were trying to achieve with that posting?

I will not use the same language as our Foreign Secretary did in his Brexit Manifesto (He has scarpered off abroad to avoid answering questions, or voting with the Government on Heathrow Expansion after he promised to lie down in front of the bulldozers.)

So you might have to use your imagination to fill in the missing letter

Type "F*ck Business" site: www.ft.com

You would need to change the * to a 'u' to sink to Boris's level

John52 - 2018-06-26 4:40 PM

Tracker - 2018-06-26 4:29 PM

I will not use the same language as our Foreign Secretary did in his Brexit Manifesto

Well in that case you would be mis quoting him.

Why?

Do I really need to spell out to you how standards of decency apply on a public forum, surely you can fathom out how to quote without using the exact words, as indicated above?

Why do you feel the need to defend the indefensible?

John52 - 2018-06-26 3:26 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-26 12:22 PM

I guess to be strictly accurate Boris should of said "F*ck the 5% of businesses" who export to the EU >:-)

As pointed out a 'business' could be a single gig enonomy worker or a factory employing thousands.

.... and what of those like the car factories that depend on just in time delivery of components from the EU to keep their production lines going :-(

I read today that Honda have said they will need a building 300000 Metres sq or the size of 42 football pitches or three times the size of Amazons main US distribution centre which would be the biggest building in the world just to house 9 days worth of supplies.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-06-26 1:29 PM

Their importance lies in the proportion of our total exporte that they produce, not how many of them there are. There is little point in talking up the value of international trade deals, and then only canvassing the opinions of those who export nothing. To get to that 95% figure for UK businesses, it must include all the kids doing paper rounds as well as all the dope pushers. You got proof of that percentage? :-D

https://fullfact.org/europe/how-many-businesses-export-eu/

;-) .........

Oh and that 5% also includes businesses that import from the EU, so those that just export to the EU would be much less than 5% >:-) ............

Tracker - 2018-06-26 4:57 PM

Do I really need to spell out to you how standards of decency apply

No, but somebody needs to spell it out to the Foreign Secretary.

Why are you ignoring that and blaming the messenger instead?

pelmetman - 2018-06-26 6:13 PM

;-) .........

Oh and that 5% also includes businesses that import from the EU, so those that just export to the EU would be much less than 5% >:-) ............

Yes, I agree but, as I said, that 95% includes businesses of all kinds right down to one man bands. What is important is the value of those exports to the EU (as well as those to the rest of the world), about £240 million per year, and the warnings coming from the companies that make up that value.

We need those exports, and should pay heed to the warnings of the big players who make up the bulk of that £240 million (and the £300 odd million that goes elsewhere). By comparison, the opinions of the non-exporters carry little weight.

Lose the big exporters, and the UK economy will take a hit in terms of earnings but also generally well paid employment, and government revenues will fall correspondingly. That will knock on to affect everyone, whether or not they are engaged in exporting, whether to the EU or not.

John52 - 2018-06-26 6:47 PM

Tracker - 2018-06-26 4:57 PM

Do I really need to spell out to you how standards of decency apply

No, but somebody needs to spell it out to the Foreign Secretary.

Why are you ignoring that and blaming the messenger instead?

It really is quite simples, but let me explain it to you and I will try not to use long words to help you with your confusion.

Boris Johnson, the foreign secretary did not use that language on this forum - you did - if he had used that language on this forum no doubt you too would be castigating him, sorry telling him off.

Just because the foreign secretary does not know how to conduct himself in public does not make it acceptable for his followers to do the same.

Please let me know if you do not understand this and I will give up in despair.

Hi,

If a business is totally dependednt on "Just in Time" deliveries, then they are very vunerable to Clod's Law (different word, same stuff). London was built by two irishmen and a horse and cart. Bulk goods moved at the pace of a donkey pulling an 80 ton barge.

Am I allowed to say something smells STALE? (Stale = urine of horses). A woman on my staff complained when I said I was knackered. A knacker is a man who deals with tired horses. I was saying I was tired.

The censor on one of my other forums object to the word for lady dogs (as in my GSD bitch), and "wallah" (as in Clefti-wallah, Dhobi-wallah, Plunka-wallah, etc).

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-06-26 6:55 PM

;-) .........

Yes, I agree but, as I said, that 95% includes businesses of all kinds right down to one man bands. What is important is the value of those exports to the EU (as well as those to the rest of the world), about £240 million per year, and the warnings coming from the companies that make up that value.

We need those exports, and should pay heed to the warnings of the big players who make up the bulk of that £240 million (and the £300 odd million that goes elsewhere). By comparison, the opinions of the non-exporters carry little weight.

Lose the big exporters, and the UK economy will take a hit in terms of earnings but also generally well paid employment, and government revenues will fall correspondingly. That will knock on to affect everyone, whether or not they are engaged in exporting, whether to the EU or not.

You mean those big exporters like BMW, Airbus, Toyota etc etc who are owned by Whom? (lol) .......and make up less than 5% of our businesses >:-) .........

Seeing that many of those in that 5% are the ones importing the 80 billion more a year than we export, its little wonder that they don't give a "feck" for the other 95% of British owned businesses who gain nothing but red tape and higher costs from the EU *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-06-26 9:01 PM

;-) .........

You mean those big exporters like BMW, Airbus, Toyota etc etc who are owned by Whom? (lol) .......and make up less than 5% of our businesses >:-) .........

Seeing that many of those in that 5% are the ones importing the 80 billion more a year than we export, its little wonder that they don't give a "feck" for the other 95% of British owned businesses who gain nothing but red tape and higher costs from the EU *-) ..........

How does the Mad Hatter work out that BMW, Airbus, Toyota etc are importing more than they export (lol)

Tracker - 2018-06-26 7:25 PM

Just because the foreign secretary does not know how to conduct himself in public does not make it acceptable for his followers to do the same.

I am not a 'follower' of Boris Johnson.

That wrongly implies I agree with him.

But since he is Foreign Secretary of this country at this very important time, we cannot ignore what he says. And we need to report what he says accurately.

Not misleadingly like your description of me as a follower of Boris Johnson.

pelmetman - 2018-06-26 9:01 PM

;-) .........

The only thing that prevented companies of those types from being British owned and based is the combined actions of various British managers, workers and governments. But fear not, there are British owned companies of that ilk in existence, and many of them too tend to import more than they export. Ask yourself why the UK is a part of the Airbus consortium, and why we would want Airbus to shift its production away from Britain? Why does BMW own Mini? Why does Toyota succeed in Britain when numerous British car manufacturers went bust trying? Where is all this red tape that prevents other, smaller, businesses, from growing? It isn't that none of them do. Isn't it because so many businesses simply aren't in the league that is ever going to become multi-nationals? I guess a local painter and decorator, or the owner of a corner shop, might become international but, on average, how many?

If all those small businesses were sufficiently productive, and produced what British people want, at a price and quality that are attractive to British people, our imports would fall. It is futile blaming the "foreigner" for our own faults - we do it to ourselves, all on our own, and have long done so. Protectionism merely cements in the shortcomings that leave the protectionists vulnerable to competition from elsewhere, whether it is the next village, town, or country. Gear up, don't moan!

Archived