help needed to choose medical/travel insurance

aray

Hi my partner and I have decided to travel round europe for at least a year, in our newly aquired motor home. we were wondering if anyone out ther could advise us on where we could get the best type of medical insurance to cover our needs for a full year in europe traveling from country to country. thanks

Recommend you get your EUIC (replaces the old E111) - this can be obtained on line - just google E111 or EUIC - BUT! - do not pay anything for it - it is free but some enterprising scam artists do it for you but charge you! As for private insurance I suggest any of the bigger names - and some good deals are available via the likes of the AA/RAC etc as add ons to the vehicle insurance. Avoid the big banks - expensive and not good value. Also worth activating the "accident insurance" that can be available on some credit cards for no charge - you just have to inform them of your travel plans. This is not true medical/travel insurance but useful none the less.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi We are also going on a long term break abroad Nov 16th and have just got a years travel insurance ( right cover @ £179)and also long term breakdown insurance (carefree@ £289). For the breakdowncover we had to become members of the camping and caravan club (£33 direct debit). Hope you get on OK with them. Any cheap campsites in Spain would be helpful and see you out there Dusty :->

Archived