mysterious sign

icelander

Don't know what it was doing there, but I'd hazard a guess that the "mounting" was cross-shaped, since the only bit I can read, "REX JUDORUM," is Latin for "King of the Jews," part of the inscription the Roman Governor put on Christ's cross. The Bible says (John ch.19 vs.19&20) that it was written in Aramaic, Latin and Greek, so the rest of your sign could be the other two languages.

Maybe some of the locals use the spot as some kind of shrine, or maybe it was once part of a protest against the "top-secret establishment."

But who knows why people put odd things in particular places?

Tony

Tony,

I was just talking to Rob on skype and I mentioned it wouldn't be long before our expert in such matters picked it up and gave an explanation.

I even tried putting the script through Abbey Fine Reader, but they must have been using an earlier version in AD1 or whatever year it was written!

We have a new member on forum - Welcome Victor - you've been missed by many for someone so new. Didn't Churchill say something like that?

Regards Terry ;-)

icelander - 2007-04-26 1:59 PM

Thanks Tony

The cross was 2 metres high and had a metal hook on the back

Being a local and even born inside a top secret establishment - I wonder why I was not invited if it was a wierd local do

Interesting ... are you sure 'born' is the right word? I've seen too many 'X-files' and Quatermass films to believe that normal births take place inside 'top secret establishments'!!! (lol)

icelander - 2007-04-30 8:49 PM Mel_B My grandad used to say to my mum "there`s something wrong with that boy"

do you jump backwards when the word flitch is mentioned? also is there any electric in your "establishment?"

Archived