newcomer

thelma

Thanks for the welcome note Janine.

Youre right about York, regardless of the wet weather it was heaving yesterday.

Even the mud slides didn't deter the avid motorhomers!

Sorry but we did find it somewhat entertaining watching several of them being towed out by a tractor.

But at least it's fine today.

:-D welcome thelma. enjoy the forums. i see you were at york friday, me too, mudbath for all! a fellow yorkshire motorhomer too, great for the north/south divide debate maybe?!

so...is thelma your real name, or do you resemble the hip chick in the film (with louise), or maybe the hapless one from scooby doo??!!! (they had a camper van too. and your profile pic is similar in animation) - dont take offence thelma, its meant in jest. and being a yorkshire lass you'll be able to take that with a pinch of salt.

look in for info on where to go, when to go etc....ive not been on here long either but picked up loads of good tips.

happy days, happy touring

Guest caraprof
Dancer - 2007-09-25 12:01 AM

Hi Thelma.

Welcome from Lancashire.

Gods side of the country.

Originally, everyone in the north lived in Lancashire. After a while people started to spread out. Eventually, they came to a signpost that said 'Yorkshire'. Those that could read immediately turned back but the rest went on and settled there.

That's what Uncle Obidiah Cloggerthwaite told me anyway, when I were just a lad.

He died shortly afterwards when he took part in the Oswaldtwistle Clog Dancing final, when he was felled by a combination Flying Arkwright and Leaping Groin Lunge from one Herbert Hardcastle, so I was never able to verify the veracity of it. (A bit of alliteration there!)

But it has a ring of truth.

caraprof - 2007-09-29 10:50 PM
Dancer - 2007-09-25 12:01 AM

Hi Thelma.

Welcome from Lancashire.

Gods side of the country.

Originally, everyone in the north lived in Lancashire. After a while people started to spread out. Eventually, they came to a signpost that said 'Yorkshire'. Those that could read immediately turned back but the rest went on and settled there.

That's what Uncle Obidiah Cloggerthwaite told me anyway, when I were just a lad.

He died shortly afterwards when he took part in the Oswaldtwistle Clog Dancing final, when he was felled by a combination Flying Arkwright and Leaping Groin Lunge from one Herbert Hardcastle, so I was never able to verify the veracity of it. (A bit of alliteration there!)

But it has a ring of truth.

Love it! Frank, when you have a mind to you can be really funny :D :D :D D.

Guest caraprof
Tony Jones - 2007-09-30 4:31 PM
caraprof - 2007-09-29 10:50 PM That's what Uncle Obidiah Cloggerthwaite told me anyway, when I were just a lad
Come on Frank, you're the one for correct spelling and grammar. Surely you mean "NOBBUT a lad?" Nice one anyway Tony [stockport-born, now exiled in Essex]

No, I'm sorry, but I'm lower-middle class now. We still have beans on toast for tea but now we put a sprig of parsley on it!

Archived