secret Hideaway

michele

We are going like it or not need the break to France.

ideally i would like to find somewhere that we can park by a river stream lake not far from the pas de calais region . This is to save on driving petrol .

Tis the season to be skint . But are in need of a break would like something nearby just for the shops and the daily baquette if possible .

Anyone know of any such places to chill . Dont mind going that extra bit further just for the peace and quiteness.

Any ideas chap's chapesses? We have done the D day landings St mere eglise and surrounding areas also the otherway .

Anyone know whats along the river sein ?. anywhere nice to park on the waters edge...

Michele, stayed at a municipal in Montreuil sur mer a couple of years back . Only just past Boulogne on the River Canche . Nice little town plenty of bars and big market square also large castle type place with good views towards the sea which is in fact many miles away.There is also another site there called the Blanc Pigeon but this further out of town

Cheers Mick,

Keep em coming please folks.

Ok changed me mind I,m a women and its mothers day so going to Calvados region & normandy in general. Off to sink a bit of Calvados apples & pears flans & tarts & pancakes followed by a nice Brandy

Anyone ideas near lakes & rivers will consider town sites ..

Come on guys I know you lot have been to every little nook and cranny there is

;-)

Dear Michele,

Try Isigny sur Mer (which it ain't) also Falais perhaps or Putanges pont Ecrepin. I think Isigny may have gone more upmarket since we stayed there, Falais is worth going to see Williams castle floodlit Putanges is or was a site-yourself site.

Empress

Falaise is that the one in the river valley as you leave or enter the town .

Ok were going .

What do you mean site yourself ? off to see if we have anything in our books about these places thanks for that Empress

Thnaks for yours also Mick ;-)

Been lookin up falaise igny sur mer (NOT ) to be honest i dont care if its raining for the whole week I can just imagine being snug as a bug in a rug with musci the Tv and a good book as long as we find somehwhere safe to park . Looking so forward to it

. And if it wasn't for the kids I would just camp on the drive for week but i know they would find us caught at last ..no peace for the wicked.

Archived