towing

Forester

Yes you'll need to tell them you're having it fitted - the towbar is a modification so you must tell them, they are unlikely to do anything about it though, ie no increase in premiums. If you don't tell them and you have to make a claim they'll sure as hell tell you you're not covered as you've modified the vehicle and not told them! Make sure you do it in writing and get a written acknowledgement to be safe. Not sure whether they'll want to know what you're towing though but you might as well tell them for good measure. ;-)

Hiya Wayne. Wondering what you,ve been up to with that van of yours. Apart from Mels advise don,t forget to make sure the contents in any trailer are covered and that the trailer is covered whether hitched up to the van or not. Howard.

Thanks for the info Mel&Howard when we get the electrics put on & then find a little trailer ( its for putting all our ww2 gear in like sten/bren/303 & webbing/uniforms in) oh +awning. You would be suprised how much stuff we have!.

With the van being old they couln't get the back lights off to fit the elecs on so i had to source a pair of new ones, boy what a job hopfully they will arive in a couple of weeks (off to Butlins on monday till friday for there 60s live bands do) been going for over 30 years to there 50/60/70s events tell you more when we get back. If i can find how to put a pic on here i will put one on then you can try and guess who i am there are about 18 of us that go. But this one there is only me & Mags thats going Half board to this one. You know I cannot understand how we found the time to work!!! BRING BACK THE 60s lol.We was good friend of Dec Leconby till he died, & still have a drink with his brother. Name dropping now, We have had our breakfast with -No I will tell you when we get back & if you can tell me how to post pics (the simple way) no big words i will try and post the pic of us at Butlins Bognor 60s do last year.

Wayne

Looking at the stuff you plan to put in that trailer Wayne I would love to be there when you try to insure the contents. Perhaps MI5 or the MOD could give you a quote and they might even throw in a couple of outriders too for your next outing. I,ve owned Peugot/Fiats for around 10 years now and still haven,t figured out how to get the parking lights on when you remove the ignition key, so not much help on how to get pictures on your postings. If you look at the top of the page there,s a heading explaining how to do this so give that a try. Enjoy Butlins and try to keep out of trouble. Howard.

Archived