turkeys and christmas

teflon2

If you own or are buying your own home beware the tax concealed about 2/3rds of the way through the Labour party manifesto. It's a land value tax, obviously council and housing association tenants will be exempt but anyone with their own home will be supplying the money tree for the Labour parties spending spree if you elect them. John 8-)

teflon2 - 2017-06-06 8:30 PM

If you own or are buying your own home beware the tax concealed about 2/3rds of the way through the Labour party manifesto. It's a land value tax, obviously council and housing association tenants will be exempt but anyone with their own home will be supplying the money tree for the Labour parties spending spree if you elect them. John 8-)

Apparently it's an idea that is being considered, and, I've read, is supported by the Greens and Lib Dems.

It would replace Council Tax - but as there are as yet no firm plans for how it would work - no-one knows who will be losers and who will be gainers ( if anyone ).

It seems the idea has been around for donkeys years but hasn't been tried.

( I wonder if the Tories are likely to pinch the idea if they get in ! )

;-)

It's a land value tax, obviously council and housing association tenants will be exempt but anyone with their own home will be supplying the money tree for the Labour parties spending spree if you elect them. John 8-)

Nothing new there then. Home owners have been supporting Tenants for years.

PJay

Cheers John - very interesting indeed.

Do you know if there is any reference made to people with 2+ properties.

Regards,

Andrew

anyone with their own home will be supplying the money tree for the Labour parties spending spree if you elect them. John 8-)

....and it must be true because I read it in the Daily Mail *-)

derek pringle - 2017-06-07 8:51 AM

hi,

apparently the system of rating council tax will change and people would pay based on the size of the house not the house and garden for instance. Hopefully to even out ab bit the difference in what people pay.

cheers

derek

Seems fair enough to me in that case and not unlike the current tax banding. Big house = big taxes, smaller will cost less.

The same kind of 'banding' is also applied with VED.....the guy with the Range Rover Evoque will pay £400+ pa where an economy car will cost 75% less or in some cases, zero. Not got as far as zero rated property yet but it's a nice dream!

John52 - 2017-06-07 11:10 AM

anyone with their own home will be supplying the money tree for the Labour parties spending spree if you elect them. John 8-)

...and it must be true because I read it in the Daily Mail *-)

You may have but I read it on page 86 of the labour manifesto. *-) :D John

derek pringle - 2017-06-07 8:51 AM

hi,

apparently the system of rating council tax will change and people would pay based on the size of the house not the house and garden for instance. Hopefully to even out ab bit the difference in what people pay.

cheers

derek

There is no reference to removing the council tax in the manifesto. John

Guest pelmetman

Bring back the poll tax >:-) .......I'm fed up with subsidising other peoples breeding habits *-) ......

Archived