walkabout

Forester

Forester - 2007-10-10 6:35 AM

Pickering town 1940s event this Sat/Sunday, the town is packed with 1940s re-enacters good atmosphere & some old cars etc + the bonus is We'll be there.

Sorry howie it's 1940s so your WW1 uniform is a tad out of date old chap.

Less of your lip Chopper. I.ll have you know the only monarch i,ve served under is our present Queen. (God bless her). And another thing. Unlike you, flaffing about with your 40s gigs, yours truly has seen active service in every brothel from Belize to Borneo with never a backward step, and the scars to prove it. 8-)

Pickering town 1940s event this Sat/Sunday, the town is packed with 1940s re-enacters good atmosphere & some old cars etc + the bonus is We'll be there.

Strange this but Britains oldest man was on the bravery awards show tonight. Henry Allingham was born in 1896, served in the 1st world war and is still going strong. Thought the old gent was worth a mention and lets wish him all the best on this remarkable achievment.

howie - 2007-10-10 11:33 PM

Strange this but Britains oldest man was on the bravery awards show tonight. Henry Allingham was born in 1896, served in the 1st world war and is still going strong. Thought the old gent was worth a mention and lets wish him all the best on this remarkable achievment.

Quiet correct howie, God bless him. We have just got a invite to go to a Vets & O.A.Ps party in Sheffield & put on a display for them incl tents& weapons in Dec, I will take down my 303 rifle to show them (amongst others) & they always ask to hold & look at it, you can see there face light up & they always say "i didn't think it was that heavy".

Archived