Awning and safari room problems!!

timtimothy

Just bought a Hymer c564. It has a wind out awning but there are no legs on the underside of the wind out. There are 2 'poles' that have strange clips/brackets on the end and brackets on the side of van. For love nor money can we get the clips on the poles to attach to the van and there seems to be no way of supporting the awing with them vertically either. Could these be the wrong poles? Are we missing the usually fold out legs? There is no make or model on the awing to help either. In addition we have a safari room that has no poles or clips, just the sheeting for sides and front....a photocopy of instructions shows model Omistor 3000,4000 OR 5000 so we have no idea what we have or what we have missing or indeed any clue as to where to get whatever we need!! Can anyone help ?? (lol)

It’s likely that your awning is made either by Omnistor or Fiamma and (as you have a safari-room add-on with Omnistor-related instructions) it’s tempting to think yours is an Omnistor model.

Awning-leg wall brackets are offered for Omnistor and Fiamma and it might be possible to decide which make of awning you have based on the design of bracket fixed to your Hymer’s side bodywork. Examples of both bracket types are shown here

http://www.fiammastore.com/Fiamma-Accessories-for-Zip-F45-F65/Fiamma-Wall-Fixing-Brackets

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/omnistor-awning-leg-wall-brackets-fitting.84176/

I’m doubtful that a forum-member would be able to advise unless they knew which make/model of awning you have and could be sure of what ‘bits’ you’ve got. Posting photos to the forum could be helpful, but your best bet would be to seek advice from a motorhome dealership, as most have wide experience of both makes of awning.

I would have thought that, although there may be no obvious external indication of which make/model of awning you have (perhaps the awning was colour-coded to match the motorhome’s paintwork) someone awning-savvy would be able to identify it by making a more detailed inspection.

timtimothy - 2015-12-14 10:34 AM

Just bought a Hymer c564. It has a wind out awning but there are no legs on the underside of the wind out.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

First, as you say "on the underside of the wind out" are you sure you are looking in the right place for the legs? Sorry if I am trying to teach my gran to suck eggs, but the legs are actually inside the back of the front cover and not underneath. Wind the awning out about 3 feet or so then look centrally at the back of the front casing for a fixed block holding the ends of the spring loaded legs.

There are 2 'poles' that have strange clips/brackets on the end and brackets on the side of van.

These sound like 'Rafters' for use at the ends of the awning to hold the end panels of your Safari room.

Sorry if you already knew this but it may just help.

Keith.

Archived