Chemical Free Toilet?

Jane Pryce

I have seen an advert about chemical - free toilet ventilation from Symonspeed Ltd. It says 'it makes chemicals superfluous and optimum decomposition is ensured'. Is this just the smells or is it the end of the chemicals needed for decomposition? I would be very keen on no chemicals, for a variety of reasons.

Anyone used this ventilation system?

Jane Pryce

I think this must be another version of the SOG unit which alot of people have including us. It works a treat and most people I have listened to agree. We put no chemicals in ours and the flush comes direct from the main tank so no filling the water for it either , compared to what we had to do with the folding camper toilet it is a doddle.

Just empty, (which you can do anywhere as you don't use chemicals , were as alot of places are out of bounds for the chemical loo emptying).

No doubt someone with give you a link to the Sog description and fitting of, I will have to learn how to do that one of these days!!!!

Go for it. We have used the SOG system (sold by Symonspeed Ltd) for 4 years on two different vans and find it trouble free and we don't have to put up with the awful smell of the chemicals. It's great as we don't worry about wasting money empting the toilet (with chemicals in) when it is only partially full. It is the end of chemicals and doesn't smell during use in the van.

You save money by not having to buy chemicals and can use ordinary toilet paper, (not the expensive special type for chemical toilets).

It smells a little when you empty it and you have to replace the filter every 1 -2 years at a cost of around £8.50 but these are far outweighed by the advantages.

Installation is easy if you are reasonable at DIY.

If you buy at a show they have a typical installation on display so that you know what is required to fit it.

:-D

Archived