Computerised Management System Lunar Roadstar

Roostins

Fitted over the door of our Lunar Roadstar 630 is the Computerised Management System operating panel, basically....having read the handbook....there is only one button which I don't understand.

At the top left of the panel is a triangular press switch, in the centre of which is the letter H.

When pressed, the indicator panel, to the right, flashes H, but that's all ! nothing else happens !

Can anyone please tell me what this button is for and what purpose it fulfills as there is no mention of it in the handbook at all.

Thanks

This MotorHomeFacts thread may answer your query:

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopicp-851578.html

The thread doesn't reveal who the manufacturer of the Computerised Management System (CMS) is, but it appears that the CMS provides an audible and visual warning of certain 'events" (eg. a low battery-charge state). When this happens, apparently pressing the "H" button causes the audible warning (the 'beeping') to stop.

Presumably there's currently no problem with your motorhome for the CMS to recognise, hence no beeping or visual problem-warning showing on the CMS display. Consequently, it seems reasonable to assume that pressing the "H" button won't do anything other than show "H" on the display to confirm that the button has been pressed. I'd guess that the "H" stands for "Hush" as that's what the button's purpose appears to be.

Thanks Derek, read the threads and I think I understand what you're saying. Funny thing is, on the way back to sunny Bolton this afternoon, after our first ever outing (to Durham) the control panel suddenly started beeping and displaying the message 'FULL SOIL' (or perhaps it said 'SOIL FULL' this is after draining the fresh water tank, waste tank and toilet !!

There is nothing in the manual about this message so I just pressed buttons until it shut up (maybe I pressed the H button !

Anyway, it didn't come back again and nothing seems untoward, so I'll just wait and see, unless someone out there knows what 'FULL SOIL' means

Happy new year Derek and anyone else reading.

Colin

The 'Full Soil' probably means your waste tank needs emptying. The connections to the waste tank probes are usually exposed to the elements and at this time of year with salt being sprayed up and when damp the propes conduct through the surface film of water on outside of tank. The cure is to smother the connections to the probes with a mass of grease such as vaseline.

Colin

As Brambles advises, the "SOIL FULL" message will almost certainly be a warning that the motorhome's waste-water tank is nearly full. I believe your Lunar will have an ordinary Thetford cassette toilet with its own integrated means of warning when the cassette needs emptying, so any link between the "SOIL FULL" message and the toilet can probably be discounted.

The way that the level of a waste-water tank's contents is assessed varies. There may be multiple contacts (as Brambles describes) to allow graduated measurements, or a single 'float-switch' that produces a simple warning (eg a light on the control-panel) when the tank is approaching full. As your motorhome's waste-water tank was known not to be full, the message must be considered a false alarm.

I expect you are aware that the motorcaravan side of Lunar has an up-and-down history and this appears to have impacted on obtaining detailed information about Lunar motorhomes.

I've browsed through the Lunar-specific forum section of the MotorHomeFacts website and gained the impression that the manual provided with Roadstars leaves much to be desired. I did find the following question

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-94596-lunar-roadstar-620-computer-management-system-parts.html

but it doesn't identify the manufacturer of the CMS (and there were no forum replies). If you are able to do as Branbles asked earlier and identify the CMS system's maker, then it might be practicable to obtain more comprehensive information about the system's functionality. It's possible, based on the wording of the CMS readouts, that the manufacturer is American - but who knows?

There seems to be a fair number of Roadstar owners participating on the MHF forums, so you might be able to get 'hands-on' feedback through that forum. There's also a Lunar Owners Club that might be worth trying

http://www.lunarownersclub.net/

It's oriented towards Lunar caravans but apparently does cover motorhomes as well.

Thanks Derek, for your comments, I have just sent a rambling email to the Lunar Owners club re the cms panel and hopefully be able to take it further when they reply.

I must agree with you re the manuals capabilities and have so far realised that the 'try it and see what happens' approach teaches you more than the manual does.

But as I was told this last weekend, 'it's a big learning curve you know' and I believe the person was right.........we'll see

Archived