Dog hair removal from dog & van bane of your life?

Violet1956

I found out on our last trip that the "Furminator" dog "deshedding" comb does a great job in picking up dog hair from the carpet in our MH and it takes just a few minutes to do it. I have the large one supposed to be for dogs with hair longer than 2inches. It has a metal rake 4 inches long. I have used it on the upholstery but I think it's a bit harsh for that and the old rubber gloved hand is probably better. No vacuum cleaner/stiff brush does a better job. They are not cheap (a little over £30 I think) but they are extremely well engineered and very sturdy and it looks like it will last a lifetime. It's meant for grooming the dog of course and does a great job at doing that too. Other stuff like the rubber mits and standard brushes are a pain to clean afterwards but the furminator has a nifty mechanism which releases the hair it catches. The alternative would of course be to have a dog that doesn't shed so much but I forgive her because apart from that she's a delight.

Veronica

RogerC - 2017-03-25 9:01 PM

There is another option......no dog.  :-)

That has occured to me Roger as I battle the downside of dog ownership. It's too late I'm afraid as we got her from the "for life not for Christmas" brigade and I would have to hang my head in shame if I returned her. :-(

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Ingo Sundowner
Having a german wirehaired pointer, I'm using mats and towels and find it easy enough. GWP's have a seconnd outer coat, designed to come off when running through brush, but, so far we've been lucky

Archived