Electobloc EBL226 and Solar Panel

BRIMAL

Hi,

Hope I can explain this properly and someone help me out with this.

I have an Adria MH fitted with an Electrobloc EBL226 and an LT500 control and switch panel.

The EBL 226 has a connection for its own solar charge regulator.

Reading the destructions for these two bits of kit, it seems to me as if they monitor the power etc of your batteries and do whatever they need to do accordingly.

Therefore, if I connect my 100W Solar Panel via my MPT 1.170 (which uses Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)) regulator, how would it affect the EBL226.

Would it be possible to connect my MPT regulator to the EBL226 directly?

My previous Adria had an EBL208S, which also had a connection for a Solar Panel. This connection was by-passed by the solar panel fitter and the regulator was connected directly onto the battery. No problems.

Thing is though, don’t think the 208S was quite the all singing all dancing system that the 226 seems to be, and don’t want to ‘upset’ the system as it were.

Any advise appreciated,

Brian

the mppt controller is a fantastic bit of kit, & has to & will monitor the batterys state of charge, temperature etc continually,

so it will need positioning as close to the battery as posible.

don't compromise your controller by coupling it up to anything else

Paul

Tks for that guys.

Yeh, that's why I was wondering if it would be possible to connect the output of the MPT to the EBL so as to maybe get the best of both worlds, with a good output from the MPT and the EBL to measure the battery strength etc.

Umm!!

Brian

Archived