You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Hints and Tips
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
IH
AuthorMessage
userMickt
Posted: 25 September 2017 4:21 PM
Subject: IH

Pillar of the forums

Any body with a IH Tio R, what is the insulation like ,do you suffer from thd cold and condensation
userstarvin marvin
Posted: 11 October 2017 2:34 PM
Subject: RE: IH

Epic contributor

I had an IH Savannah Tio, which was ok, but was not particularly well insulated for winter use.
userMickt
Posted: 11 October 2017 5:28 PM

Pillar of the forums

Thanks Tony, question is does anybody make a well insulated PVC
userRuby(Exsis)
Posted: 1 November 2017 7:58 AM

Pops in from time to time

Perhaps someone more knowledgable than me will come along and I am not able to state specifically what British PVC manufacturers use, but.......
I believe that the Rapido vans ( V55 ?) use a custom made pu (or similar) complete liner that fits properly, and would eliminate the cold spots that would occur by using loose fitting 3M type foil or Thinsulate liner that is often used. The Camperieve/ Dreamer vans use the same as they are a subsidiary of Rapido.
At the Paris show Cathargo were confident enough to exhibit a PVC body shell to show how well built their Malibu vans are.
This question has been discussed before and at that time that knowledge pillar of the forum 'Derek ' supplied the above link to Rapido. Another forum member 'Veletron' owns a Camperieve van and also commented at the time.
How many Continental or British manufacturers have upped their specs and methods to follow suit, I don't know.
Several years ago the claimed benefits of Foil type multiple layer insulating materials was questioned because it seems that an air gap of 25mm was required in order for the reflective factors of these materials to work.......that was in the building/ self build industry and some folk have never been convinced of their performance.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator