Locker Catches

Febbie

Do not understand problem. Why do you need to fasten catches to wardrobe and toilet doors, when level on site they stay closed with out securing catch. The co-pilot makes sure that everything is locked before moving off. Then it's engine on, fridge 12v on, sat.nav (maggie) Then take off. Co-pilot has never failed yet Febbie (lol) (lol) (lol)

Might be OK for those motorcaravanners who level their vehicles to within an iota of a gnat's crochet, but (except for 'semi-static' campsiters) I doubt that many of us go to such lengths. It's a universal law that gravity will cause any vertically-hinged unsecured door to swing open at the worst possible moment. Wise virgins put the catches on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest starspirit
I've been trying to use my little bubble but I can't get it back in the thingy level. I've got one of those two way spirit levels fixed to my door trim - with some leveling spacers to make it - er, level. Just a glance before handbrake on is all it takes and then it's engine off, kettle on.

I can not understand why new vans have these double catches, mine has sprung hinges which do the job fine, only door I could see having a probelm would be a large toilet/shower door. I was working on an exec jet last year, all catches in galley where of a mag catch style, they had a problem with washroom door at rear that had to stay open on take-off and landing, an adaption of a cooker door sprung catch did the job.

Archived