Motorhome dog pen

pyrie

Hi, I'm looking for any feedback/thoughts on what secure (ish) privacy pens people have used for their *big* dogs.

I'm considering a jormax or windbreak leisure. Does anyone have either of these?

My dog is a pyrenean mountain dog who will be tethered to a screw in ground spike and we have a 7.4m garage motorhome.

Not sure if you mean in the van, or outside?

A friend of ours, has a very large Alsation, and he uses the garage of Mh as the doge house. It has a "gate" made to fit (a bit like a child's door/stair gate") Keeps the dog safe and happy, but still gets air when parked up.

PJay

• 2 weeks later...
I recently bought a pen for the same reason and was initially going to buy from Windbreak Leisure before I realised they wanted £42 P&P. I then came across www.coveva.co.uk and got a larger pen for less money and also free next day delivery. I bought a skirt from Jormax to prevent the dogs wandering under the van and, although it serves it's purpose, the quality is not up to that of Coveva. I would highly recommend them and have had ever several people asking me about it when on site.

I use a K9 barrier to keep two big labs in when the door is open. They sell at shows and on line.

When out they have a long extending lead fastened to a secure point, I use a windbreak just to mask the sight of passing dogs so that they don't wander off and explore.

They are on a double lead at the end of the long one as when they had separate ones they could tangle themselves up.

The Coveva website shows plans of the various sizes. I have the 9m size which includes 2 gates with one of each fitted on each side of the pen. Looking at the 4.5m plan it would appear you would have to buy 2 gates, one fixed and one openable to make up the side which is missing.

• 1 month later...

Archived