NFOP world-wide travel Insurance

spospe

I think that perhaps the NFOP scheme is worth mentioning again on the forum, so that anyone who missed it before can look into it.

The National Federation of Occupational Pensioners (NFOP) has started a travel insurance scheme which provides world-wide travel insurance, without medical declarations, up to the age of 79 for £255 per couple per year, maximum trip duration, 65 days.

The policies run from 1st March to end of February each year and you have to pay by Direct Debit, but there do not seem to be any 'catches' so far. If you are interested and want to see if it is for you, have a look at: https://www.nfop.org.uk/ and for more insurance details: http://www.csis.co.uk/nfop/nfop-travel/

The catch is , the age limit 79!

Most polices will cover to that age, but once you get to 80, not interested.

We had a policy with the bank, which paid into for more years than I can remember. once Oh hit 80, it was cancelled, for him. They took the very last payment right up to the moment!!

AGE Discrimination!!

PJay

The benefit of the scheme seems to me to be the acceptance of pre-existing medical conditions, without any need to declare them.

Agreed that age discrimination does take place, but even so the NFOP scheme would seem to be of benefit to many people. There have often been discussions on the MMM forums about travel insurance and pre-existing conditions, so I thought it worth mentioning for that reason alone.

• 2 weeks later...
PJay - 2017-03-22 10:30 AM

The catch is , the age limit 79!

Most polices will cover to that age, but once you get to 80, not interested.

We had a policy with the bank, which paid into for more years than I can remember. once Oh hit 80, it was cancelled, for him. They took the very last payment right up to the moment!!

AGE Discrimination!!

PJay

Reading the site information it seems that whilst you cannot join after 79 if you are already in it prior to 79 you can continue to be insured!!

Bas

Archived