Occasional table

flicka

I would like to fit a small table on a swivel in our Bessacarr E410 with sidefacing benches. IDon't want to mess with the normal table for short stops for a cuppa) I have seen some on German built vans, which have a curved (aluminium) tube which appears to be mounted behind the drivers seat. Does anyone know of any possible supplier ? Help appreciated Flicka

Hi Flicka We have just bought a Lunar Telstar at York we hope to have it at the begining of November but on another lunar that we saw it had the type of table that you describe the table is quite large and round and it matches our work tops, its like a blue marble we have a Lunar dealer near us and we will be trying to obtain one from them when we get the rig home. The table can be used in the Lunar as a table with the swivel seats or with the side bunks and would swivel against the offside wall when travelling Terry :-o

Hi Terry I have just found the Table leg that I am looking for. If you don't have any success with Lunar, you may wish to have a look, see:- http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/html/best_sellers.html They are near Beverly, Yorks. but you can order on-line. They also have a 600mm circular table top or a oblong (too big for us) or square, but they are all only in Medium Oak. But I guess I should be able to find a top matching our interior elsewhere. regards Flicka

Hi Flicka Thanks for the info about O,learys I don,t know if you go to any of the Motorhome shows but O,learys are at most of the shows and I like browsing around his tent because I can nearly always find something we can use. The table we are after is I think a fair bit bigger than 600mm that you describe but I did not mesure it but I would like the Lunar model as it would match our other work tops. Many Thanks Terry (lol)

We put one in our Kontiki, in fact we asked our dealer a price first, Swift wanted £200, no way would i pay that just to match the top with my van. We went to NEC show, and bought the leg and fittings there from C.A.K Tanks ? £38, and picked up a top at another show from the O`Leary Bros, Thats about 15" sq, we always keep our posh non slip rubber mat on it, havent tipped anything yet, also hides colour of wood, doesnt bother me really. Where ours is situated is behind passenger seat so once the seat is swivelled it can be used there or sitting on the long settee. OURS is just above the petrol tank so had to be very carefull fitting the floor section.

Hi Carebear The table you have sounds exactly what we are wanting. Like you the leg is the important part, A top can be sourced elsewhere or made up to suit requirements. Thanks for the tip regarding the fuel tank, as the fuel filler on our Fiat Ducato base is on the passenger side I suspect the fuel tank will be in the same position. Thanks again Flicka

Don't forget you don't have to buy the 'proper' table tops, which can be very expensive, even from the likes of O'leary etc. Have a mooch around a DIY furniture store (Ikea, MFI, B&Q etc), you'll often find cheap tables in there from which you can use the top.

Thanks for the reminder Mel I spotted such a table in "Poundstretcher" at £7.95. (Flimsy legs no use,) The neutral pale pine top is only an inch each way bigger than I was wanting and it will not look out of place in the van. So out at the week-end to get the leg. Flicka

Archived