Omnistor Awning cleaning

Whiskeymac

I've just cleaned the underside of my Omnistor awning and apart from getting soapy water up my sleeve and in my eyes, all went very well.  I took a look at the top side and it's filthy, and, of course winds up against the underside, thus making it important to clean that too.

Since there are dire warnings that the legs must support the awning at all times apart from the last meter, I cannot fathom how I would be able to carry out this task, short of dangling from a crane or perhaps unfastening one end of the support struts.

Has anyone managed to achieve this cleaning task?  My awning is the longest one produced so going in from the sides would be a problem.

Like wise. A long brush telescopic handle . It helps if some-one can hold the awning down lowish to reach the high bit.Other wise , how about tying a string around sponge and having someone either side and working back and forth?

PJay

Harvey - 2015-10-11 8:32 AM

......and if I may ask, what has been found to be the best soap / cleaner for this task?

Harvey

We used "Thetford Premium RV Awning Cleaner " - which worked well - did a good job - and it's only the second time the awning has been cleaned in many years.

Don't know if it's the best - because we haven't used any other cleaners - apart from soapy water - and the RV Cleaner was much better than that.

;-)

Archived