Overhead Locker Gas Strut Failure

BKen1

Just had a gas strut fail on one of my Knaus overhead lockers ,manged to source a unit on ebay at a very good price, just had to adapt the fixings at one end as its not an original part, here is a video what I did.

This strut may well suit other makes of motorhomes have a look .

Brian K

Which reminds me!!

I converted our van's bed locker lids to gas strut operation earlier this year and it was well worth the effort - or lack of effort that raising them now takes!

This company were extremely helpful in helping me understand the engineering and getting the loads and sizes right and although I had to reinforce the woodwork in places fitting was pretty straight forward if one has basic diy skills.

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-struts

Yes Tracker .....SGS had been recommended to regas the struts but thought I would go for new and see how they stand up (pun :-D )

Cost was a major factor as well as I see other doors are starting to sag after 10ys of use and will need replacing soon.

Brian K

flicka - 2015-12-23 11:44 PM

Try Magnum Motorhomes. Grimsby. I got a couple for the same purpose 3 or 4 years ago.

Will keep them in mind ..cant see the actual dampers ..but they certainly have a good stock of parts and some very nice conversions. Thanks for the heads up

Brian K

Archived