PVC sliding door stop

Alanb

One problem with these doors is their tendency to roll, fully open or closed when parked on a slope.

Readers may like to note that there is a device of German manufacture called "Stopsy", that addresses this problem. The device is made from stainless steel and is glued to the upper guide rail with epoxy resin or similar adhesive. It costs about £30.

I made my own simple version from a short piece of scrap aluminium angle, by cutting a wide (10mm) notch into one leg of the angle. The angle was glued into the required position as above, so that the upper guide roller can engage with the notch. Not as sophisticated as the commercial product but still very useful.

In order to ease the passage of the roller out of notch, and prevent damage to the roller tyre, I filed a chamfer on the edges of the notch.

I made my own version of a "Stopsy" and glued it into position using Evo Stick. I used a short length of stainless steel angle left over from some self-assembly furniture and made the ridges by means of a cold chisel. For photos (can't load photos at the moment because the Forum currently will not accept them) have a look at the Stopsy website: ............

http://www.xn--trstopper-schiebetren-8hcr.de/

mine is just like the one shown on the website, except for the absence of the word "Stopsy" This is an easy DIY project

Archived