Shelf in our Autocruise Accent and heater control

Currycampers

Hi everyone. Never been on a forum before so I hope I'm doing it right!

As anyone with an Accent knows, sitting up in bed with a morning cuppa can be a hazardous venture. I've recently sourced some great little brackets on e-bay which I'm using to make a flip-up shelf that fits on the side panel housing the wardrobe and fridge. £8 the pair and I'm using a white high-gloss 300mm kitchen drawer front for the shelf as it matches the cupboard doors in the van as we're a '14 model. With the new interior I would suggest a black drawer front to give it the factory-fitted look. Annoying a simple thing like this not fitted as standard but where do I start with that one! I searched for brackets for ages and it came down to getting the wording right. They are- ' White Spring Design Wall mounted Folding Triangle Shelf brackets w screw 2 Pcs '. If you enter that on e-bay you should go straight to them. Drawer fronts are not a cheap option but I reckoned that if a company offered the shelf and brackets for £30 it would seem good value. It fits nicely between the edge of the cupboard and the back cushion.A longer shelf would fit but it would go behind the cushion and the 300mm takes two mugs nicely and good for phone/glasses at night.

We also had the heater controls moved to the same location as we were tired of lying on the floor with a torch every time we wanted to alter the temperature or put the hot water on. Easy job but I got the electrician who wired the rear view camera in to do it at the same time just in case! There was plenty of cable and the wiring unplugs from the back. I just fitted two horizontal battens in the wardrobe to move the clips holding the bed boards forward and clear of the rear of the controls. 18mm loss of space is negligible. I couldn't source a matching cover plate for the old location but I fitted a brushed steel double socket blanking plate instead and it looks fine.

I hope this is useful and I haven't been too long-winded. I'll get the hang of forms with practise!

Archived