Sking in France

Knaus

There have been numerous threads on the subject over the years, so a search of the forum should bring up some answers, i.e..

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Updates-to-Ski-Motorhome-website/11369/

1st thoughts are -

Ensure you have Propane Gas & plenty of it.

Leave waste drain open to flow into a bucket, so it doesn't freeze in the tank / outlet.

Beware of EHU cable getting frozen to the ground.

External screens will give better insulation & make clearing snow off the screen easier.

These links may help

www.motorhomeski.com/ (this site relates to the above forum link)

www.practicalmotorhome.com/advice/31619-stay-at-the-best-aires-for-ski-holidays-in-your-motorhome

• 2 weeks later...
Knaus - 2016-10-24 11:10 AM

Has anyone been to France skiing in motorhome staying on an Aire? Any suggestions please?

Haven't stayed on it in the van but there is a super convenient one at the foot of the Perriers lift in Les Gets. I think the other links Flicka's post refer to will tell you more about it. Great thing is it is almost ski in ski out and the run down is one of the best in Les Gets in my opinion. Superfast 6 man chair up too. We may give it a try ourselves in March. Packed in High Season though I believe.

Veronica

Hi

Montgeneve has a decent aire with enough hookups for all the vans present. There is a site down the road from Meribel, and folks often park on the car park ajacent to the site. There's an aire low down at Tignes Les Brevières. Also, aire at Alpe d' Huez.

Have investigated the above on foot, but never stayed at any of them. Live in Scotland and its generally to far to drive for a week! If going without hookup, go later in the year (march/april for max sunshine on your solar panels, and choose a valley that is a sun-trap!.) Its generally accepted to run a genny for a couple of hours after coming off the slopes - everyone was at it at one aire I went to look at.

All of my motorhome-skiing (a good 100+ nights) thus far has been in Scotland - a ski trip there might help to iron out any wintery issues with your van before committing loads of money on a foreign holiday.

Nigel

Archived