You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Hints and Tips
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Webasto lock-out!!
AuthorMessage
userConrad
Posted: 8 November 2019 6:38 PM
Subject: Webasto lock-out!!

Pops in from time to time

Despite my wife's suggestion, I didn't fill up with fuel when we had the opportunities on the Isle of Skye (subsidiary tip - there are more fuel stations than you'd expect, best price was at Co-op in Bradford.) So, not surprising when the Webasto central heating didn't work on our last morning (Zero degrees!). Tried too many times and eventually got locked out - only so many tries allowed when there is a malfunction. Many thanks to the technician at 3As Carmarthen, where we bought the van, who told me on phone what to do. Lesson one - don't go below 1/4 tank or the heating system will not work, and save your fuel for driving, a bit more important. Lesson two - to unlock, turn unit on, remove the 20Amp fuse on the heater unit, wait 5 seconds, turn unit off, replace fuse. Enjoy the heat again after a bit of a wait.
userConrad
Posted: 22 November 2019 9:35 PM
Subject: RE: Webasto lock-out!!

Well, I thought this was a jolly useful tip! A "like" from a few of the 107 folk who read it would be appreciated!

Edited by Conrad 2019-11-22 9:36 PM
userKeithl
Posted: 22 November 2019 10:13 PM

Lord of the posts

Sorry but thought the low fuel level bit was common knowledge

Keith.

And if all 107 had posted a reply your thread would be four pages long and the initial posting would be as good as lost! It's a shame this forum doesn't have a 'Like' button but then again the software is rather elderly
userConrad
Posted: 24 November 2019 11:41 AM

Well that's your opinion and knowledge, Keith. As the Webasto leaflet said to contact the dealer to resolve being locked out, and in fact it was easy to fix once I knew how, I thought others may like the "Hint and Tip." Isn't that what the forum is about?
usermalc d
Posted: 24 November 2019 4:33 PM

Legendary contributor

Conrad - 2019-11-22 9:35 PM

Well, I thought this was a jolly useful tip! A "like" from a few of the 107 folk who read it would be appreciated!

Well, maybe a " Thanks " button - or even a - " I found that interesting " button -

… but - please NOT a " Like " button !

userweldted
Posted: 2 December 2019 8:54 AM

Lives on the forums

Someone somewhere freezing their bits off will be very grateful for your input, if just one person had acknowledged your post it would I am sure encourage others to post their Soloutions to other problems they have found. Instead of all the clever people who obviously know everything about anything dismissing what are intended to be as the section is described help and tips.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator