ABS warning light on Peugeot Boxer

janekins51

We have a Peugeot Boxer Autocruise Rhythm (2014). Since we have had it we have had problems with an intermittent ABS warning light.

It has been into a garage 5 or 6 times to try to resolve the problem, including having 2 new replacement instrument clusters (fortunately under warranty). The problem still persists and, as the warranty runs out in a few weeks, I am concerned we are going to be landed with hefty bills in the future.

Has anyone had the same problem and been successful in getting it fixed?

We would be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Jane

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Jane.

As your garage (presumably a Peugeot main agent) has made 5 or 6 attempts to resolve the problem and a couple of replacement instrument-clusters have been fitted, I’m doubtful that it will be possible to provide a simple answer.

You will be aware by now that recent-ish Boxers (and Fiat Ducatos) have had instrument-cluster issues with warning lights illuminating haphazardly and spuriously. However, when this type of Boxer/Ducato fault presents itself it is usually not intermittent, can be demonstrated to the garage and is normally cured when a replacement instrument-cluster is fitted.

I assume your garage ran diagnostics to check error codes but still could not pin the problem down (to, say, a faulty ABS sensor) and that the instrument-cluster was replaced (twice) on a "Let’s see if that fixes it” basis - which is plainly has not.

While your motorhome remains in warranty you should make it clear to your garage without delay that the problem persists and ask them to have a further go at it asap, particularly as a fault with the ABS system is potentially very dangerous. If that means the garage fitting a 3rd replacement instrument-cluster so be it - I’ve been told that some people have had the cluster replaced 4 times before the latest version was installed and stopped odd lights appearing. If the ABS light continues to illuminate intermittently even after another instrument-cluster has been installed, at least it would then be near certain that the fault does not lie with the cluster.

The first thing to do though is to ensure that your garage makes Peugeot fully aware of the problem before the warranty expires.

Archived