Ad-blue

Hawcara

I,ve only heard of 2 issues, - one is overdosing, the vehicle using considerably more ad-blue than it should, the guy was constantly having to fill the thing up, another is running out entirely, - so that your vehicle doesn’t pollute, possibly the exhaust system expects ad-blue and damage occurs without it, - there is a cutout, the vehicle won’t run when it’s empty, - it does warn you well before this happens.

The reason for the question is that my brother runs new trucks and they have problems with sensors, which are expensive to sort, similarly a friend who has a lease company car and has sensor lights. Solution for him is switch on and then off!

Adblue is also a good weed killer I’m informed

Thank you all, I’ll think on

Good detail out there.

Ad-blue freezes at about -12, not perceived as an issue until -38c is reached, unlikely to be out and about in that level of cold.

If you run out - Your engine wont start, - If you run out of Ad-Blue in a journey, the van will go into limp mode.

In theory it uses 5% Ad-blue to the same quantity of Diesel.

Do not contaminate the Ad-blue with fuel or water - it's likely to be very expensive - and as mentioned - it has a shelf life of a year, - what happens then, nobody seems sure.

A few around here have it on their cars, - beyond "one more thing to worry about" - it doesn't seem to give problems, and it reduces pollution - That can only be to the good.

Archived