Adria Compact SL or SLS

globebuster

I appreciate this is a shot in the dark - but....

Anybody on the forum had any experience with the Adria Compact models?

I'm going to view the SLS slide-out version next week, but the slightly longer SL model gives the same layout without the potentially troublesome SLS slide-out.

Having owned an Adria in the past [and recently viewed another] I've been quite impressed with the build quality - although you can see that Trigano have got their hands on the brand now

Thanks

I am not totally familiar with the new Adrian's, but when I was looking at motorhomes I was not impressed by the slide out bed arrangement. It makes it impossible to move, especially at night, without closing the bed; not great for someone trying to sleep!

We bought a used 690 SL which is perfect, and it is possible to move around without disturbing the sleeper; also possible to use the shower.

Dick

Before I bought my Rapido 640 a year ago I looked at the Adria compact range a few times. The narrower body is an attraction, but overall I thought that the execution of the design was poor. The SLS initially looks good, but the set up means that a lot of storage is lost and the sliding mechanism means that the area on each side of the bed seems a bit 'unfinished'. All of compacts suffer (in my opinion) from trying to cram too much in, making them a bit cramped. The extra seat to the right of the door is the main culprit, it limits access to the front seats and really doesn't serve any purpose as it is pretty uncomfortable. I think that the range has been facelifted since I looked at them, so not sure if anything has improved. Rapido have just announced a new compact range with the same 2.12m width as the Adria, but based on the photos I gave seen, they seem to have made a better job of it than Adria.

Thanks Derek,

Yes, I'd previously looked at Scania's comments, and the later update about removing the shower door!

So far I have found only one owner with any kind of issue, which is encouraging - albeit that I'm sure these were sold in limited numbers.

As you delve further there's lots of peripheral stuff coming to the fore - Electric drop down beds would appear to be far more problematic!

Archived