Air assist suspension repalcement ball valves

motorhomeninja

Our Hobby Toskana has been uprated to 3850kg and uses Dunlop air assist on the rear suspension. This was leaking and traced to the ball valves beside the pressure gauge. These are mini ball valves with a push fit inlet. I ordered two new valves from pneumaticsdirect.co.uk but had mis-meausured the air pipe at 6mm, it was actually 5mm, how you can do this with a vernier gauge is worrying! Anyway, I contacted pnuematics direct as I could not find a 5mm version on their web site. A very helpful Donna went through what I was trying to do and said she would email me back the following day. Remembering that these two valves only cost around £5 and pneumaticsdirect include free P&P on any value order! Lo and behold the following day I have an email with the part numbers for a 5mm version, slightly more at about £6 each! I ordered the parts and yes the following day they arrived. If only all customer service was like this - superb.

Very interesting and educative for air suspension drivers. What kind of make was this whit a push fit in let and having a spring and what the outlet. Normally air suspension diagrams work whit color codes and pipe diameter OD not Id unless the wall thickness or id is important. Dunlop is a dutch company like Vb and assume working metric. A bended pipe assume of nylon can not be measured in that size The largest ball valves ( 90 degr turn) at present are used in gas pipe lines not to confuse whit butterfly valves. Can you upload a picture after taking out the ball by distructure and show the inter diameter of the miniball and their upstream and downstream seats. looking like two circular rings. Motor homes are not supplied whit a isometric of their cable loops. Their are a lot open to mud to the air in your underbody.

Archived