Alarm system Elddis Encore 255 2017

TrevorT

This motorhome has a Peugeot alarm system linked to the central locking, and an Elddis fitted PIR in the accommodation.

I have been trying to work out if there is a way of setting the alarm without the PIR being active. We travel; with a dog, so can't set the PIR when we leave the MH with the dog inside. It would be reassuring to set the alarm at night as well.

There is a button on the PIR - and I had hoped that pressing it would turn it on and off. My trials in the drive have resulted in setting the alarm off a few times, but not with the alarm set without the PIR active.

I am really seeking information on what the button actually does, or even better would be someone who could say - yes it can be done and this is how.

I will find a suitable cover for the PIR if all else fails.

Trevor

TrevorT - 2018-04-15 2:23 PM

I will find a suitable cover for the PIR if all else fails.

Trevor

That would be my low tech low cost solution too - double thickness gaffer type tape comes to mind!

Also allows you to set the perimeter alarm at night - just remember to turn it off before you open the door to let the dog out in the morning!

My Eldiss 186 has a button on the dash, second from the left next to the hazard warning switch, it's got a pic of a padlock on it.

At night we press that and the two front doors lock but not the hanitation door obviously. When we leave the dogs in the m/h during the day, we press that switch to lock the doors then exit via the habi door

TheSearles - 2018-04-15 5:38 PM

I'm not sure how, but there is usually an isolation system because ferry companies like it to be isolated. Unless you could just manually lock it with the key?

Yes the doors can be locked with a key - and that does not set the alarm.

In this case pressing the padlock button on the dash locks all three of the doors. It does not set the alarm ( I tried that).

What I want it the alarm set but the PIR disabled!

Yes the reminder to turn the alarm off before opening the door next morning is a good point.

A small tin or plastic box is probably the answer.

Pressing the padlock button on the dash will not activate the alarm OR the deadlocks if you have them. I had a Cobra alarm fitted to my Elddis Accordo and the PIR can be isolated by pressing a button on the dash using a 4digit code. The doors can then be locked and t.he alarm and deadlocks activated. Is the code hiding somewhere in your handbook or Elddis information?

I think the alarm fitted to recent Elddis motorhomes is an Autowatch 695.

This MHFun discussion refers

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/autowatch-695.103573/

As breakaleg says, the ‘trick’ seems to be to press the alarm button twice in quick succession, with this action disabling sensors in the motorhome’s interior.

(Bit surprised this isn’t covered by the Autowatch user instructions...)

We have a 2012Aspire 255. On the three button fob the middle one sets the alarm on the first press locks all the doors and make a beep. Press middle button again within ten seconds a different beep means al doors locked alarm set but internal sensor disabled.

There are Autowatch ‘habitation alarm’ operating instructions beginning on Page 10-1 of this 2015 Elddis “Autoquest” handbook.

http://www.elddis.co.uk/documents/Handbooks/2015/2015-Autoquest-Handbook.pdf

Page 10-4 mentions “SENSOR ISOLATION” by pressing the arm button a second time within 2 seconds of turning the alarm on. The ‘siren’ then sounds a warning and "the movement and wireless sensor is deselected for this arm cycle”.

Derek and Weldted

Many thanks - that was what I was looking for!

Out of interest the 2017 handbook which came with the vehicle and the electronic version I downloaded make no mention of the alarm. Section 10 consists of 1 page with only 10-1, certainly does not go as far as 10-4!

I have been out and checked your advice. Certainly the second press seems to disable the PIR - but there is no second beep.

I shall now read the earlier manual you provided the link for - and look to see if there is anything else I can learn from it - which isn't in the 2017 version.

Trevor

Archived