Alde 3000 Heating system

I have searched online for a wiring diagram (including colour codes) for this system but without success. My van is a 2006 model with the older manual knob for setting the temperature and the slider controls for heating, hot water and gas on/off.

The reason I need this is that the thermostatic control is poor. It is either too warm or too cool, with a wide temperature range between cutting in and cutting out. I would like to install a new digitally controlled thermostat inline so that I can turn up the Alde supplied thermostat but control the temperature with the new thermostat. The newer digital thermostats have a temperature range of around 1 degree Centigrade and should be more economical but mainly more comfortable. I should also be able to site the new thermostat in a more effective area of the van. It is poorly designed in that the rear fixed bed area has 2 large radiators and gets too warm, while towards the cab area it is quite cool. I plan to fit insulation to the pipework between the radiators (around the fixed bed) which may help a little. The circulation direction of hot fluid should really be in the opposite direction as the newly heated fluid goes directly from the boiler to the rear fixed bed area. It would have been better to have circulated through the front of the van and returning to the boiler by way of the rear bed.

Can anyone help with this wiring diagram please?

This link might help;

https://www.alde.co.uk/help.php

If you scroll down it offers downloads to the 3000 boiler and that's "service" document contains a circuit diag and several photos from which you might glean the colours involved.

Further down there is access to the User manual of your manually set controller.

Then again, there is always a phone call to Alde UK where from direct experience you will be able to chat with one of what must be about the most customer orientated and helpful technical team. Personally, I feel at least the first contact on this would be best via a call rather than an email.

Tel: 01933 677765 Email: info@alde.co.uk

If your plumbing skills in aluminium tubing and polymer couplings is up to it, then reversing the flow direction ought to be doable. The pump must remain pushing the fluid into the bottom of the boiler. Whatever you do, don't use domestic copper or copper alloy tubing.

Thanks very much for that excellent information Ocsid, I am sure I could do a mod now. What I might do first though is to fit a new Operating Thermostat to the boiler in case it is operating outside of its range due to a fault or its age. It would be pointless to add a more precise thermostatic switch into the circuit if there is a fault with it.

I will also have a good look at possibly reversing the flow of the heating fluid around the system. It will probably entail buying some new piping and/or elbows etc. That should not be too much of a problem (apart from the confined space to work in). It's just a pity that I had the heating fluid drained and renewed last Spring as it will need to be drained down completely. Fortunately my van is kept on my sloping driveway and the drain point is near the lowest point.

Archived