Alde 3010 problem

Billster52

Our 2.5 year old Alde boiler has developed a fault (?) in that everything works fine when using electricity but when switched to gas there is an unpleasant gurgling/knocking noise coming from the boiler area. After a few seconds the control panel shows a fan failure message. There are also black sooty run marks from the flue. The local agent is baffled and suggests we take it to Aldes main centre around 200 mile away.

There is no chance of frost damage as the van is always connected to the mains electric with the thermostat set to 10 degrees.

Anyone any ideas ?

Thanks

We had a problem with our Alde, which was replaced under warranty. The company are first class to deal with. I actually picked the boiler up and the MH supplier arranged for an engineer to fit.

But our fault was completely different, we had fizzing bad tasting water and I thought the boiler gad split and was contaminating the water from the central heating section.

It turned out to be a faulty batch of water pipe fitted in the MH, all had to be replaced.

I've spoken on occasion to the lads on the stands at MH shows and they have been brilliant.

Not helping your problem, but Alde are worth a ring, so helpful.

The Alde controller is pretty good at detecting errors and there's an engineer's menu that you can get into that shows you all the system parameters including fan speed.

It sounds to me as though it is correct in your case and you have a faulty fan, either its motor or a bearing. This could also account for the sooty marks as the burner would not be getting enough combustion air and would burn very dirty.

Archived