Any Tribute T-615 owners views

Jac55

We've got one, had it from new nearly two years now....

Very pleased indeed with ours...........

The only thing we missed from the better specced Imala 615 was the fold down TV in the cab area, but I spent a day cobbling a bracket for our Avtex TV together that fits in the same place perfectly.....

Ours has the "Drivers Pack" ( I think that's what they called it then) which has a few useful extras....

Jac55 - 2018-11-16 1:01 PM

Hello,

We have short listed the Tribute T-615 for our next motor home and wondered if there are any owners who could share their views / advice on ownership.

Hi Jac,

What type of price is the T-615 being advertised for these days and do you have a PX.

All the best,

Andrew

Thank you Tintent - advise much appreciated from someone who actually owns one and looked at other models - it is a bit of conundrum choosing - especially for us as we have never looked at a T-615 and hope one comes up reasonably locally for us (Torbay) to actually have a sit in and look round etc.then we have more information to take action when one comes up.

Jac55 - 2018-11-17 1:29 PM

Hi, They seem to be around £38k - £40K from 1 - 3yrs old (ideally we would like automatic option)- we sold our motorhome privately to upgrade and give time to work on house renovations - but missing having a van already!

Hi Jac, the reason why I mentioned the price and your MoHo ownership status is because there are so many unsold 2018 Autotrails sitting on the various dealer forecourts that you should be able to pick up a cracking deal.

There are new MY18 Autotrail vans in my area which once had a forecourt price of £66,000 and now they've been reduced to £54,000 and yet the dealers still can't shift them. There's also a nice Tracker EKS (a poshed-up version of the T-615 and Imala 615) which could be yours for circa £45-46K instead of £58K.

If you want an Autotrail then it really is a buyers market so do some research and see what you can get with your money.

Good luck.

We find the T-615 suits us perfectly.I have back probs(curvature of the spine),and the huge bed is perfect for me.Ours is on the Transit base,and we have had no problems with it.We changed the door lock for a TVL lock which(we hope) is pickproof,we use a stop lock and I found an old motorcycle lock,which means the drivers seat can be locked at 90 degrees to the dashboard.We hope this is sufficient to prevent theft.It also has an Autowatch alarm.

I find it a pleasure to drive and we are enjoying the vehicle,and hope to for many years!

Hank - 2018-11-17 10:02 PM

We find the T-615 suits us perfectly.I have back probs(curvature of the spine),and the huge bed is perfect for me.Ours is on the Transit base,and we have had no problems with it.We changed the door lock for a TVL lock which(we hope) is pickproof,we use a stop lock and I found an old motorcycle lock,which means the drivers seat can be locked at 90 degrees to the dashboard.We hope this is sufficient to prevent theft.It also has an Autowatch alarm.

I find it a pleasure to drive and we are enjoying the vehicle,and hope to for many years!

I would highly recommend an OBD lock as well. The main issue with Fords is the ease with which the factory key immobiliser can be overridden in seconds by plugging a dongle into the diagnostic port.

Fitting a lock over the socket will prevent that. If they can access the port, which they often do by smashing a window, the procedure also unlocks the doors which renders the security door lock moot (assuming you mean you replaced the Ford cylinder with a security cylinder, and not an additional deadlock).

https://www.tvl-ltd.co.uk/vehicles/ford/transit-2014-present/ford-transit-2014-present-obd-port-protector

As an aside, Sevel vans have long been considered to be less susceptible to an immobiliser bypass attack, due to the implementation of key programming security within the ECU. However, I have noticed that one of the main suppliers of the Ford bypass dongles are now advertising that they have cracked the Fiat ECU and selling a kit comprising the immobiliser bypass dongle and a turbo key decoder, which reads and assumes the correct key profile after being inserted in the door lock cylinder. Having seen recent reports of a couple of current model Fiat motorhomes allegedly stolen without keys, one of which was recovered by tracker within a matter of hours with no damage to the locks but with the OBD port having obviously been accessed, it suggests that these devices may already be in circulation, so I would suggest that Sevel van owners might also wish to consider these locks as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived