Anyone heard of an Autotrail Orion Aquilas?

Onedaysoon

paulmold - 2016-12-01 6:52 PM

Orians were limited editions sold through Marquis.

I hadn't realised that..I'd always thought they were just an attempt by A/S at appealing to a "younger" customer?...

(ie less garish/dated/gawdy soft furnishings and a move away from "Cotswold-esque" and leafy County name references..? :-D )

It seems that Orian were a sister company to Autosleeper, both being part of SEA Group at the time.

It lasted for only a few years and I believe all of the models at the end of the line were sold through Marquis rather than it being a Marquis limited edition.

Robert

crocs - 2016-12-01 8:46 PM

It seems that Orian were a sister company to Autosleeper, both being part of SEA Group at the time.

It lasted for only a few years and I believe all of the models at the end of the line were sold through Marquis rather than it being a Marquis limited edition.

Robert

Every Orion is an exact copy of an Autosleeper model, the Zeta being a Nuevo as an example so I don't think they were made by anyone other than Autosleeper.

paulmold - 2016-12-01 10:02 PM

crocs - 2016-12-01 8:46 PM

Robert

Every Orion is an exact copy of an Autosleeper model, the Zeta being a Nuevo as an example so I don't think they were made by anyone other than Autosleeper.

Check the review link above. Yes, they were basically a badge-engineered Autosleeper but as a separate company/brand.

Robert

Comments in this Auto-Sleepers Owners Forum discussion may be of interest

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t10609-orion-pavo

Another Auto-Sleepers ‘sub-brand' - “Vivanti” - is also mentioned. There’s an example here

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/userfiles/file/MMM%20historic%20road%20tests/Vivanti%20V4S%20on%20MWB%202.0HDI%20Peugeot%20Boxer%20.pdf

Archived