Auto Trail Tracker EKS height & French tolls

Cruisecontrol

We're considering an Auto Tracker EKS or an Auto Sleepers EK. The Tracker's height is 3.03m, just a fraction over the 3m limit to qualify for Class 2 on the French toll roads.

I've been classified as a class 3 a couple of times with my current van, which is just under 3m, and persuaded them it's a class 2 - so I'm just a bit concerned about the Tracker. Has anyone experienced travelling on French tolls with a Tracker?

We have and have had 2 AT Frontiers with the same height as yours and only ever been charged Class 2 when in France. Some people have said that they have been charged more but the word is to push the button on the payment machine and say politely in your bestest Franglais 'Nous sommes Classe deux - pas de Classe trois' and all should be well.

Alan

AlanS - 2017-04-20 10:21 PM

We have and have had 2 AT Frontiers with the same height as yours and only ever been charged Class 2 when in France. Some people have said that they have been charged more but the word is to push the button on the payment machine and say politely in your bestest Franglais 'Nous sommes Classe deux - pas de Classe trois' and all should be well.

Alan

Same here.

Thanks folks, that's most reassuring and another tick in the box for the AT rather than the Auto Sleeper. Other plus marks are separate shower (useful for storage), media pack and not having that daft Whale filling system that AS insist on installing (at least in the 2014 version).

PJay, yes we do mainly use the byways, but there are times when of a necessity the tolls are the best option. Switch on cruise control, put your feet on the dashboard and have a snooze!! Joking!!

Archived