Awning help / advice wanted

Gordy71

Hi,

im new to the forum, Im looking for some advice please.

We have an Autocruise Jazz motorhome/campervan, (based on a Peugeot Boxer van). 61plate.

We are looking to fit an awning (roof mounted) not sure if im looking at the correct thing, I was proposing to buy a Fiamma F65s. is this the correct awning to fit the van? doens anyone else have this type of awning fitted to this type of van?

thanks in advance

G.

The fitter will advise you on the most appropriate awning and the correct length for your 5.41 metre van but it seems the F65s 320 is the correct one. See the link here:

http://www.fiammastore.com/Motorhome-Awnings-by-Fiamma/Fiamma-F65-S-Roof-mount-awning

Scroll to the bottom of that page. For Fiat Ducato read Peugeot Boxer. Note the awning is not supplied with brackets so your fitter needs to specify the correct set.

Fitted awnings are a permanent fixture and they add ignificant weight which may have an undesireable impact on the payload you have left.

Don't just assume it will be OK to fit one.  Before you commit to buying, weigh your MH on a weighbridge to see exactly what it weighs and how much payload you will, have left if you proceed.

I have a Fiamma F65s I think, fitted to our Ducato 6m bespoke PVC.If I had the conversion done today I wouldn’t have this type of awning fitted.

We use it, but these days more as a rain canopy over the sliding door. I wind it out about half a meter if I expect it to rain overnight, so that water doesn’t flood in when we open the door.

I’ve learned my lesson, I don’t leave it out extended overnight as I’ve had to get out of bed in the early hours to wind it in too many times.

All of that said, they are a very secure way of attaching an awning.

Regards

Alan b

Archived