BC Motorhomes

paulmold

Not surprised, I dealt with a guy called Ian Barrie , I couldn’t get them to give me price , 2 English dealers replied to my email with a price within 2 days , so bought from one of them (Pullingers) they couldn’t have been more helpful , I also have now met 3 other people with a similar story ( same salesman )

• 8 months later...

This article is dated 17 July 2019.

Whatever happened then BC Motorhomes clearly still exists (as Leofric has said).

There is a website

https://www.bcmotorhomes.co.uk/

and the company’s Facebook page

https://en-gb.facebook.com/bcmotorhomes/

has a one-day-old entry that says

Covid-19 BC Motorhomes Update

Now closed with immediate effect due to the emergency measures announced last night. Our team will be in touch with anyone that was booked in at BC Motorhomes and we will continue to work from home where possible. Please see below how we are staying active online.

- As of today our sales team will only take online and telephone enquiries.

- Our website will be continually updated and currently shows 90 new and pre-owned motorhomes.

- All prices have now been reduced. These vehicles are prepared for delivery, so when normality returns, they will be ready to go.

- The sales team will be on hand every day to answer questions by either email or phone throughout this crisis.

- All vehicles can be reserved now and collected in June / July by calling 01292 262233

- Free Delivery throughout the UK (once restrictions are lifted)

- All new van conversions and coachbuilt vehicles have a minimum 5 Year Mechanical & Habitation warranty

- All Used van conversions and coachbuilt vehicles have a 3 year Mechanical & Habitation warranty

- Service enquiries will be answered daily throughout the shutdown and bookings taken for our return.

- Our online Parts and Accessory shop will be manned daily (although deliveries are subject to restrictions)

In the meantime please stay safe and look forward to welcoming new and old customers back in the near future

(I have edited this thread’s title to prevent it misleading.)

BC Motorhomes' parent company, Border Cars, went into administration in July 2019 but the motorhome side of the enterprise was bought by employees and restarted after a short while.

In August 2019 across on the other side of Scotland another Adria dealer, Scot Motorhomes, went into receivership and closed their Perth and Aberuthven (just South of Perth) sites.

BC Motorhomes then bought all of Scot Motorhomes' new Adria stock and have been selling that at very keen prices to satisfied customers ever since. Currently all of their new Adria stock is 2019MY.

The directors of Scot Motorhomes also ran a company called WeSellYourMotorhome which operated out of a compound adjacent to the Perth Scot Motorhomes site. Stock came from owners' vans on brokerage and trade-ins plus they also sold some pre-registered Mobilvettas which had previously been on sale at The Motohome Company, a Mobilvetta and Benimar dealear operating from premises next door to Scot in Aberuthven.

WeSellYourMotorhome folded a couple of months after Scot.

Meanwhile back in Perth, Struans (a Peugeot and Toyota car dealer also trading as RoamScotland with an Elddis motorhome fleet for hire) has begun trading as Struans Leisure, an Adria dealer, and has made a large investment in 2020MY Adria stock.

BC motorhomes remain listed as a dealer on Adria's global site so presumably they will have 2020MY in due course too.

Archived