Best Motor Caravan tyre.

BML

As I'm in my mid 80s I recognise that my camper driving days are numbered so I'm getting ready to get my camper ready for sale and one thing I intend to do is to fit all new tyres. Is anyone able to suggest where one may obtain such information?

The usual brands: Michelin or Continental.

Not knowing which tires the potential buyer likes, I would do this:

In the description I would clearly and fairly state that you are giving a £ X discount for the tires he will want to change.

Where X is a percentage of the value of a new set depending on the state of the currently mounted one.

Max

BML - 2022-07-29 10:03 AM

As I'm in my mid 80s I recognise that my camper driving days are numbered so I'm getting ready to get my camper ready for sale and one thing I intend to do is to fit all new tyres. Is anyone able to suggest where one may obtain such information?

Brian, apart from the above, and to answer your question directly, if you look at the sidewalls of the existing tyres you should find brand, type, and size, including the load and speed ratings. Should you decide to go ahead and get new tyres fitted, your local tyre depot should be able to advise suitable replacements. It is not necessary to replace "Camping" tyres with "Camping" tyres, light goods vehicle tyres with the same size, profile, and at least equal load and speed ratings, could be substituted. Again, your nearest tyre depot should be able to advise.

But, what has persuaded you that the tyres should be replaced? If you have a current MoT test certificate for the van, and there are no "advisories" on the tyres, why replace?

BML - 2022-07-29 10:03 AM

When/If you decide to replace the Tyres I'd check these People they have local fitting centres arranged in your area ATS does the fitting near to me Just had a sett fitted I did enquire at ATS an they said they couldn't come any where near Blackcircles quoted price but were happy to do the fitting of the tyres

https://www.blackcircles.com/

Archived