Boxer Engine Management Light

weldted

Hi I have a 2012 130 boxer. I am having problems with the engine management light coming on. According to my reading the code it is low fuel rail pressure. It happened last year in France 2 days and 300 euros later, the Peugeot dealer changed a sensor but I still have the occasional problem. Under hard driving such as dropping a gear and powering up to overtake or on a long climb. We drove over 400 miles and it never came back on. Then pulling up a long climb on it comes and goes into limp mode. Have changed the fuel filter twice the van has done 24700 miles starts easily very economical no black smoke, but surges a little bit on tick over but very slight. Comments please.

In France the garage probably replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor which has helped. On booting it its going into limp mod only and not shutting down which isn't so bad. Shutting down would be due to fuel pressure being out of what the ECU expects for that circumstance. Lower pressure due to rail sensor (sorted but), rail bypass valve, or injectors passing too much. Mybe not for Fiat but I'd be looking for a Po235 fault code which signifies boost pressure. When you boot your engine the boost increases and if the wastegate does not open the ECU receives a note of this overboost and sets limp mod, but power returns shortly. So what are you going to check here then, Turbo Actuator perhaps, or operating hose to it is clear, or the operating senoid valve..

just a simple answer.

Thank you for your input much appreciated, will ask garage yo check. When going into limp mode the van will do no more than 20/25 mph, but does not recover unless I stop turn the engine off and re start. The van will then drive fine, very economical, starts easily pulls well no black smoke.

I had a similar problem with a 2010 mondeo which i believe has a similar engine. After numerous visits to garages both dealer and non dealer the very nice man from the AA solved it.

Low fuel pressure, apparently the garage changed the lift pump?

Archived