Bulb Failure Warning Light

dwaviation

Peugeot Boxer X250 (Autoquest 115) This is driving me nuts... All lights working and no problems with the lights switched off but if the lights are on (Headlights or Sidelights) every time I use the brake pedal the Bulb Fail light comes on BUT NOT during the application of brake pedal but about a second afterwards... and the warning light will then stay on for a random amount of time before going out again. Have checked all bulbs and replaced both Stop & Tail bulbs with new ones? No joy, managed to pass the MOT no problem but really need to get this sorted out.

This depends on the age of the vehicle and whether it is a pvc or not.

Due to time constraints I will assume that it is a pvc and that it is 2007 to 2012.....

The connectors to the rear lamp units are famous for having a poor earth and this is particularly evident on versions that have a long thin plug. Far less so on the square plug models.

Remove the lamp unit and remove the connecting plug.

The earth will be obvious because it will be the one at an end that looks a little burned and is open too wide for the blade that fits in it. You can use a pick to close the gap and some contact cleaner or better still run a hot soldering iron down the side of the plug to open it up and get in there properly to align the receptacle as it should be. The same soldering iron can be used to close the plastic up again and you can melt some cable tie if need be to finish it off. I have done hundreds (perhaps a slight exaggeration) and it always works. If you ever suffer from strange lighting features at the rear; this is the cure.

If you have a coachbuilt vehicle you will still need to look at the earth but these are considerably less problematic.

Hope this helps.

• 10 months later...

Archived