Burstner Nexxo T720 Kitchen Electric Panel

eddieandsue

Does anyone know how to access the rocker switch on the panel above the hob. Ours has failed and I cannot fathom out how to get to the controls to change the switch, or maybe even clean the contacts.

Sorry to be a dumb female but don't like things to beat me!

eddieandsue - 2017-03-25 11:13 AM

Does anyone know how to access the rocker switch on the panel above the hob. Ours has failed and I cannot fathom out how to get to the controls to change the switch, or maybe even clean the contacts.

Sorry to be a dumb female but don't like things to beat me!

I presume you mean the one for igniting the gas rings?

If so, mine is faulty and I attempted to remove the whole Oven to gain access to the back of the rocker switch. To cut a long story short, I gave up and use a Butane lighter to fire up the gas rings, grill and Oven. I did think about ordering a new rocker switch and demolishing the present one by using brute force and ignorance (one of my strong points) to get it out but was not sure if it was just clipped in.

My oven is such a tight fit that I could not get at the screws that clip the steel gas pipe to the structure at the back.

..without pictures it is difficult to judge, but rocker switches are very often push-in from the front (into an appropriately-sized cut out), held by "spring-effect" lugs.

I would carefully put a thin-bladed knife under the edge of the switch, and gently try to lever the switch outwards. If there is little resistance, then it is probably push-in, and you should be able to manoeuvre it outwards (taking care to bring the wiring through the mounting hole with it).

If it moves, but it's a tight fit, using two blades simultaneously at opposing sides may help.

If it doesn't move, don't force it.

I've got a similar metal panel above the hob with rocker switches in my German van.

I had cause to remove the panel. It was held in place by 2 screws at the BACK of the overhead cupboard. The front edge of the metal panel was held in place by a slot. After removing the screws I just slid the panel forwards to release it.

Are you sure you haven't just got a dud bulb? Worth checking first. If the bulbs are wired in series then a dud bulb would affect the others.

Have managed to get metal panel off. Must say its a well made piece of kit! I have checked all the bulbs and they are fine. Have accessed the rocker switch and of course it is made in Germany! Have the part number 43.409,-009.50. Its going to cost 16 pounds to send a 7 pound switch from Germany! Its made by BJB. Not even sure it is the switch, but dont think it can be anything else as wiring appears fine.

Thanks for your advice. Sue

eddieandsue - 2017-03-27 6:12 PM

.... Not even sure it is the switch, but dont think it can be anything else as wiring appears fine.

Thanks for your advice. Sue

Sue,

How many wires connect to the switch?

If only 2 then try connecting them together, you may need something like a bent paper clip to make connections, just don't let them touch anything else while doing it!

If more than 2 then post a photo and we'll try and advise further.

Keith.

Archived