Burstner with comfomatic

weldted

I am on my 2nd comformatic and no problems at all getting on and off ramps/levellers. A tip I can give tie some light rope onto them about a foot long ,drive onto rope it stops the ramps spinning out or away from wheels. I read this in one of my mags,it works, I previously used an inch thick 3 ft. plank with a block on front end which also worked.

Can I be excused a short thread drift here please as there are 2 Burstner Heavy chassis owners 'present'..

I'm considering ordering a T728G on the Heavy chassis and am confused as to why the £1700 upgrade cost only takes the MAM to 4000kg. Burstner then want an addition £280 to up-plate it to the usual Heavy chassis figure of 4250KG.

Did anyone get to the bottom of the 4000kg figure (which is after all only 150kg above where they plate the Light version), or is it just a money-making exercise?

I've had a few Comfortmatic boxes now and some do and some don't fall out of gear if you pause the acceleration when going onto ramps in auto. The answer is to simply engage manual gear for this particular task and it won't happen, or it hasn't yet.

Ron

Archived