CC insurance renewal.

alanedwin

It would pay you to ask why ?

It would not be the first time some faceless bod has entered wrong information into the wrong form in a computer system, then claims the computer must be correct !

Trouble with this interconnected world, the purchaser does not know what other systems are being asked questions about you, or persons of similar name. Many problems have been caused by data being allocated without adequate checks that the information is correct or actually attributed to the correct person.

Rgds

I talked to them on the phone today from Cyprus and no explanation for the price rise.

They still promise to beat your renewal by £25, so I did another online quote and put in £670 as the renewal price and they quoted me £541!!!!! Daft.

Cancelled the policy and got cover for £185 elsewhere.

alanedwin - 2016-10-19 11:02 AM

I talked to them on the phone today from Cyprus and no explanation for the price rise.

They still promise to beat your renewal by £25, so I did another online quote and put in £670 as the renewal price and they quoted me £541!!!!! Daft.

Cancelled the policy and got cover for £185 elsewhere.

Alan out of curiosity , do you live in Uk or Cyprus? just wondered if that was the problem.

Mind you I don't think it it is always a good idea to stick to same insurance co, as they all seem to give a better deal to new customers.

PJay

I would not bother with any company that tried that trick let alone waste money on phone calls and time on being exasperated by their bad attitude and ridiculous pricing.

I would just go get a new policy from a competitive new provider and be prepared to do the same again next year totally ignoring those who obviously do not value my custom.

Why should I be inconvenienced by these insurers when it is easier to just switch?

Answer - I'm not!!

Tracker - 2016-10-19 12:02 PM

I would not bother with any company that tried that trick let alone waste money on phone calls and time on being exasperated by their bad attitude and ridiculous pricing.

I would just go get a new policy from a competitive new provider and be prepared to do the same again next year totally ignoring those who obviously do not value my custom.

Why should I be inconvenienced by these insurers when it is easier to just switch?

Answer - I'm not!!

I agree with you, BUT , you have to be a bit more careful when you get to 80, as insurance can be a bit more difficult to obtain, We go with the same insurer as long as we think it reasonable, for that reason

So far not had a problem !!

Forgot to say, would not touch SAGA again!

Just ditched SAGA today for the motorhome, having done the same for my car a few months ago. 2015 premium £309, 2016 renewal £419. Didn't even bother phoning them.

AXA, 270 days EU trips, lower accident and glass excess, higher miles (15K), £270.

Saga also charge £97 for EU breakdown cover so I've opened a Halifax Flex Plus a/c for £10pm which includes LV/Britannia Rescue cover for motorhomes and closed our existing RBS a/c at £16pm.

A good day's work :-)

Will86 - 2016-10-19 3:38 PM

When you reach the high 80's its impossible to change

That is what i was suggesting. Will. You have to trust the company that you re with, and hope it does not make it impossible to get insurance At least you still get insured, but at what premium.

PJay

I have never found the caravan club insurance to be competitive, even with their £25 cheaper guarantee. As far as I can tell, the CC insurance does not include breakdown cover, and that costs £102 extra to buy from them.

I use caravan guard. Every year I buy from them, online as a new customer. Every year I shop around and they are always cheapest. They always beat their own renewal quote if I buy as a new customer. Some years I have rung them to check it is okay to do this, and they are always happy.

I have never had to use their breakdown insurance, but it is motorhome specific and apparently has a good reputation.

This year the caravan club quoted me £198, plus 102 for breakdown, plus legal expenses cover at a further £25.

Caravan guard want £253 for the lot.

It may be that the CC have changed the Insurer they use. I was with C&CC for 3 years at competitive rates and a good Policy, then it shot up by around £200. It turns out that they had started using Aegis and that was the difference. I also went back to Caravan Guard, who I had previously used.

I recently Had a renewal quote from the cc of £500 for a new van with 2 years new for old, mentioned that I had a no fault bump driving my wife's car (no claim was made) and they said that equity red star would no longer cover me but aviva would for £800.

went online got covered for £241 with 3 years new for old with equity red star, you couldn't make it up.

Pete

Archived