Cadac and Gaslow system

Roryboy

Probably the best way would be to install an external BBG point ‘downstream’ of the bulkhead-mounted regulator rather than try to bodge up something permanent involving the Gaslow canisters.

Adverts for the CADAC appliance show that this would normally be connected to a gas-bottle via a regulator attached directly to the bottle. You ought to be able to do something similar with a Gaslow bottle, though (obviously) you’d need to temporarily disconnect that bottle from your motothome’s gas system each time you wanted to use the BBQ to permit the regulator to be attached to it.

on my cadac two cook grill I use the disposable gas canisters, the 500's times two through the cadac dual canister pak, so at the end of the day this will afford about 6 hrs cooking time and total portability for little additional space, (a couple of canisters and the valve), the only thing I don't know is what the largest size BBQ these will power. I do see though that these canisters are being promoted?marketed by weber, so they must be pretty good.

This 2019 CaravanTalk thread discussed Cadac Safari BBQs.

https://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/topic/140169-cadac-lp-or-hp/

The simplest (and probably cheapest) way for Roryboy to use his Cadac LP BBQ would be to fuel it from a Campingaz 907 canister. This would provide the ‘use anywhere' portability mentioned above and Campingaz is available in the UK and abroad.

The right-hand Gaslow bottle’s connection to its outlet-valve looks a mite unusual (picture attached below) but I’m doubtful that this could be modified/exploited as a takeoff to fuel the Cadac. Besides which the takeoff would be at full bottle-pressure, so a regulator would also be required.

Realistically (and for reasons of safety) the options are either to have an external BBQ point fitted (which would tie the BBQ’s usage to the motorhome) or to fuel the Cadac from a separate gas-bottle dedicated to the BBQ.

connector.jpg.a278c5f59f8228bd7ac2a8829d8b5e1f.jpg

Archived